Temporary Warehouse Assistant
Temporary Full Time
Salary: £8.00 - £9.00 PH
Make sure you hit “APPLY” if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Do you have experience in Warehouse, Forklift Driving, Industrial Cleaning, Machine Operating, Multi-Drop Driving, or Production Line?
Carlton Recruitment is holding an Open Afternoon in Wimbledon on Tuesday 22nd January 2019 for those looking for temporary roles in the Industrial sector.
If you are currently looking for ongoing industrial temporary work, come and meet the team. Bring your CV and passpoer and we’ll talk you through our latest vacancies.
Tuesday 22nd January 2019 between 12:00pm – 5:00pm The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB.
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
- Your passport, if you do not have a passport please bring your full birth certificate
- National Insurance card/Letter
- Drivers and forklift operators must have their valid license so we can make copies.
Please phone our Wimbledon office if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
Carlton Recruitment is recruiting Temporary Warehouse Assistants, for a range of companies based in and around the Wimbledon area. Assignment length depends on the clients business needs (short term/long term/ongoing)
Assignments will involve a full range of warehouse and handling operations from receiving goods, picking of orders, checking quality through to dispatching the final order. It requires maintenance of a safe working environment and compliance with Health and Safety and fire regulations.
These positions require a person with a good level of fitness and an adaptable approach to working practices and problem-solving.
Idea of Responsibilities
- Receive all deliveries to the site (assistance with the unloading is often a prerequisite)
- Count, inspect and document the received goods
- Arrange the next stage of the flow of goods, either to dispatch or into storage in the correct locations
- Carry out the receiving, storage, picking and shipping of product in the warehouse
- Prepare palletised shipments with packing lists and labelling as required along with any booking in procedures for receiving warehouses as per written department guidelines
- Arrange transport of goods for dispatch by courier, shipper or dedicated vehicles. This will also include telephone or email liaison with the shippers and receiving warehouses
- Prepare shipment labels and manifests using online shipping procedures
- Carry out periodic stock counts as directed by the Operations Manager
- Maintain all stock in a safe and labelled and traceable fashion
- Responsibility for relevant Health and Safety and Fire regulations compliance
- Responsible to maintain inventory practices which result in inventory accuracy
- Where required carry out any functions to ensure the smooth running of the operation
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem-solving skills and analytical skills
- Strong time management skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work intuitively
- Basic PC skills and knowledge of various software programs
- Good communication skills and ability to work well with others
- Knowledge of warehouse and workplace safety regulations
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: February 7, 2019
Apply for this job