Business Development Manager
Permanent Full Time
Salary: £30,000 - 35,000
Make sure you hit “APPLY” if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Carlton Recruitment will be holding Candidate Registration Days in Wimbledon and Epsom over the next two weeks.
We will be recruiting for this role and a variety of exciting temporary and permanent positions.
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in on one of the days with your CV and passport and introduce yourself. We’ll talk you through our latest vacancies and get to know what you’re after in your career!
Open days take place between 9:00am – 5:30pm at the following locations:
Wimbledon – Tuesday 19th June 2018 – The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB
Epsom – Tuesday 3rd July 2018 – Global House, No 1 Ashley Avenue, Epsom, KT18 5AD
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
• Your passport, if you do not have a passport please bring your full birth certificate
• Your CV and National Insurance card/letter
• Drivers and forklift operators must have their valid license so we can make copies.
Please phone our offices if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
Business Develpment Manager
£30,000 - £35,000
Our client in Surbiton has an amazing opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join their dynamic and energetic sales team within their fast-growing company dedicated to breathing new life into the technology sector. They are seeking an enthusiastic and driven candidate to join their team and become part of their ambitious growth plans.
As the Business Development Manager, your purpose is to develop new business and to manage existing relationships to maximise organic growth. As well as enhancing revenue from existing accounts, you will also be generating leads and sell services to achieve gross profit in line with business objectives and sales targets.
- Go above and beyond business targets for value added service revenues and customer satisfaction
- Provide accurate and detailed sales forecasts and share information
- Achieve set monthly targets in respect of inbound product / material for recovery / reuse and value as determined by the company in a profitable, easy to do business way
- Be responsible for identifying, developing and closing sales through sustained prospecting and activity. Fully understand the business, buying and decision making process of the prospects as well as developing effective relationships with key contacts in the accounts
- Developing joint business plans with clients to maximise organic growth potential with client and become the preferred partner for that client
- Provide accurate detailed monthly and quarterly forecast and ensure information on the appropriate company trackers are kept up to date
- Provide a monthly client report detailing relationship status and progress on maximising potential opportunities with clear action plan and timelines
- Understand and sell the complete product /services as solutions as appropriate to customer needs to develop sustainable revenue and long term relationships
- Maintain a high awareness and knowledge of the marketplace, including industry, competitors and internal activities to ensure that all business opportunities are identified, considered and implemented appropriately
- Interface with other internal departments (e.g. sales support / operations) as required ensuring that customer issues are resolved to their satisfaction. Provide a professional handover of accounts as necessary on a timely basis
- Maintain professional customer liaison and ensure the values of our company are followed at all times
- Operate within published commercial and contractual guidelines, making effective use of escalation routes
- Act as an ambassador for the client both in the external market and within internal stakeholders, demonstrating best in class sales behaviour and delivery of excellent customer experience results
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of the client’s value proposition for their customers
- Have the ability to articulate this proposition in original and impactful ways
- Research, review, evaluate and understand the requirements of identified prospects, suggesting successful sales strategies
- Analysis, research and presentation of new sales messaging, to be incorporated into pitches to new clients. This will require ability to identify, investigate and document anecdotes, best practice and case studies into a highly visual and persuasive format.
- Pre-sales support to all client meetings, including development of materials & collaterals
- Participation in meetings with clients (frequency to depend on candidate)
- A team player who loves working within a busy environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Focused to ensure tasks assigned are completed within desired timescales
- An organised methodical approach to getting the job done
- Interested in gadgets and mobile technology
- Proactive, willing to learn and sociable
- Outstanding relationship management skills and a passion for maintaining your own personal development
- Show genuine team spirit and be ready to support your colleagues
- See the bigger picture and embrace wider business change
- A positive, self-starting and flexible attitude to deal with a number of concurrent opportunities simultaneously
- Academic excellence, with university degree or equivalent
- Experience of working in a multi-national environment
- Background of working in Telecommunications industry (3-5 years), preferably with a mobile operator/service provider, in a Product Management / Supply Chain environment
- Knowledge of WEEE and Environmental Legislation
- Fluent English; additional language (French/Spanish) is an advantage
- Proven experience as a Bid Manager/Bid Writer is an asset
- Excellent copywriting and English skills, as well as strong graphic capabilities
- Highly analytical and investigative skills are essential
- Excellent commercial/business awareness
- Excellent organization, presentation and written communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Computer literate with strong Microsoft or Google skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven experience of direct sales in B2B corporate market, with a focus on new business acquisition
Closing date for applications: June 12, 2018
Apply for this job