Our client is looking for a confident, personable and sociable Event Manager, with solid logistics skills and experience of a broad range of live events e.g. dynamic automotive, conferences, participatory workshops, training events, award ceremonies. You would need to have worked on automotive events and live shows and understand the full conference production process and be able to manage liaison between the client and a Production Manager/AV company. Broader account management skills and the ability to communicate with senior clients would be expected. The successful applicant will need to have a minimum of 5 years’ experience and must have worked with automotive clients (preferably luxury brands) on track and/or drive events.
· Solid project management skills e.g. budgeting/negotiation/reconciliation, planning, supplier and team management backed by rigorous attention to detail
· Able to fully manage demanding client accounts including the management of and communication with senior clients
· Strong financial acumen and adept at managing revenue targets and identifying new revenue opportunities.
· Ability to take briefs from senior clients and to work with them and the client project team on a day-to-day basis as the main agency contact
· Proven in complex logistics
· Knowledge and experience of using event management databases/processes
· Management of event Health & Safety and Risk requirements
· Ability to manage and/or be a part of a Blueprint event team and work with the broader Blueprint project team to bring content to life and deliver it in a live show, training/participatory workshop or other agreed format.
· Ability to manage and mentor more junior team members
· Sufficiently confident to suggest and assist development of clear and effective solutions
· Knowledge of all supporting disciplines from video, creative/graphics to environmental branding
· Management of speaker support and/or suppliers
· Ability to multi-task and work with different account teams and demanding clients
· Solid experience in new business to include: brief interpretation, proposal generation, budget development and pitch presentations
· History of client relationship development/retention.
· Fluent in spoken and written English
· Experience in leading automotive events (track, conference, drive events) and managing automotive clients
· Experience in working with telecommunications clients/events
· Knowledge and training in Health & Safety and First Aid
· Background in automotive, experiential / training events or workshops
· Competency in PPT production
· The ability to brief and manage graphics production
· Ideas generation for audience participation, engagement and mechanics
· Previous use of digital and technology based solutions to support guest/event management processes and to engage audiences
· Ability to understand, interpret and simplify existing content
· Flexibility to work onsite and away from home
· Flexibility to accommodate early and late client meetings at a distance from the office
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted