Technical Project Designer
Permanent Full Time
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Make sure you hit “APPLY” if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Carlton Recruitment is holding a Candidate registration day in Wimbledon on Thursday 17th January 2019.
We will be recruiting for this role and a variety of exciting temporary and permanent positions.
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in with your CV and passport and introduce yourself. We’ll talk you through our latest vacancies and get to know what you’re after in your career!
Thursday 17th January 2019 between 9:00am – 5:00pm The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB.
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
- Your passport, if you do not have a passport please bring your full birth certificate
- National Insurance card/Letter
- Drivers and forklift operators must have their valid license so we can make copies.
Please phone our Wimbledon office if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
Technical Project Designer
£40,000 - £45,000
Our client is looking for a creative and diligent individual to join their team as a Technical Project Designer. You role will be to produce accurate construction drawings for use by the workshop and the CNC department. You will work closely with the Production department to develop drawings that conceptualise the client’s vision. Experience of working with construction drawings and to tight deadlines is a key part of this role.
- Producing construction drawings for use on the workshop floor and by third party manufacturers
- Producing layout drawings for use by CNC department
- Producing comprehensive layout drawings and full drawing packs for use onsite
- Producing drawings and conceptualising clients creative
- Produce drawings that specify the correct materials
- Working knowledge of a variety of materials we may use in production of our projects
- Manage the labelling and issuing of drawings within the system
- Participate in meetings and discuss your creative
- Working closely with Production Department in the development of pre-designed and conceptual projects
- Attending site/production meetings
- The ability to recce site locations and draw in AutoCAD
- Participation in the follow up debriefs after event
- Strong client focus with a passion for delivery
- Experience in Solidworks, Sketchup, Rhino etc Photoshop Adobe Illustrator
- Experience in Design
- Experience in AutoCAD operation
- All round Microsoft experience (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Experience in application of materials
- Strong working knowledge of set and/or furniture construction
- Self-starter who is able to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Adaptability, flexibility and attention to detail
- Excellent communication, organisation and planning skills whist working with crew, colleagues and clients
- Ability to anticipate and resolve last minute problems quickly and pragmatically
- Computer literate with the ability to learn and assimilate new software
Closing date for applications: January 3, 2019
Apply for this job