The Account Manager will be responsible for the performance of overseeing the day to day Operational and Financial performance, ensuring that the specific KPIs are delivered. The Account Manager must ensure that client relations are developed and maintained with regular communication essential for a collaborative relationship. The account manager will lead their team, ensuring that it develops, that there is clear succession planning in place and that all team members play a key role in delivering and driving the business forward with innovation and expertise.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
· Ensuring business policies and processes are effectively communicated, and implemented within the contract.
· Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions and that both Client and Company health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented across both company and sub-contractors’ activities and are regularly reviewed
· Ensure appropriate control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
· Ensure all staff training is relevant and up to date
· Local budget management per contract
· Reviewing local performance against P&L
· Development of contract financial plans for revenue and profit delivery, reduction of WIP, debt, cost reduction and contract growth, and ensure that these are met and exceeded.
· Improve cash collection and achieve debtor days of 60 or less working with the financial team
· To ensure that the working, work in progress (WIP) is no older than 60 days
· Ensure that the appropriate service charges and fee increases are in line with the contract/margin performance
· To meet with the finance team monthly to run through WIP/Aged Debt/P&L’s and any contract variations
· Ensure that a full understanding of the requirements of all Contracts is established during mobilisation, handover briefing
· Identify and manage any commercial risks to the company in a timely manner escalating to The Senior Account Manager as appropriate
· Manage the delivery of all services in the assigned area to provide consistently high levels of performance that meet contractual obligations to customers and the strategic objectives of the company
· Deliver agreed levels of customer service as a minimum standard and look for ways to continuously improve upon service delivery.
· Recruit, induct, coach, motivate, develop and, where necessary, manage the performance of direct reports.
· Carrying out reviews and recording these; ensuring that training plan remains relevant and achievable; ensuring opportunities for development are identified and recorded
· General meetings; agree frequency and ensure they are run professionally with all Clients
· Responsible for implementing Company Policy across the business in relation to Group HR policies with particular emphasis on recruitment, vetting, immigration, induction, disciplinary and ongoing training.
· Communicate clearly and positively with staff at all levels in the Region to create a focus on business goals and build an environment where all staff are valued for their contribution.
· Promote the importance of effective communication within the team
· Minimum 5 years in an Account Management or similar role within the technical services delivery industry
· Previous experience in a leadership role within a building services industry
· Significant management experience operating within a multi-site/service sector environment (essential)
· Proven track record in delivering effective customer service whilst maintaining appropriate operating margins (essential)
· Adaptable to change
· Creative and effective reaction to operational issues
· Ability to sell the ‘solution’
· Hard working, outgoing and confident team player, who takes pride in their work, capable of showing initiative and is able to think quickly and commercially on their feet.
· Evidence of having led and achieved business growth
· Experience of delivering successful sales presentations and contributing to the bidding process.
· PC Literate – understanding of how to use the technology as a tool