Our Client is expanding into Kent and is seeking a Graphic Designer / Print Operator / Sign Maker as they look to grow their production team in Medway. They require somebody with experience within large format print who is able to work across a variety of different platforms to complete tasks and orders to deadlines.
· Operating a HP DesignJet Latex L26500, HP DesignJet Latex L25500 & HP DesignJet 5500
· Maintaining and operating a Summa sign plotter and an Titan-165 GBC laminator
· Operation of Large Format printers
· Liaising with and receiving job briefs from the Production Manager
· To be able to operate RIP software i.e. Caldera
· Manufacturing signs and preparing them for installs - Essential
· Monitor work quality and ensure deadlines are met and correct print procedures are followed.
· Liaise directly when required with the Production Controller as per job production sequence.
The ideal candidate would have:
• Work towards tight deadlines, multi-task, be super organised and prepared for last minute projects
• Be driven by results with exceptional time management skills
• Demonstrate excellent knowledge of print and production with previous experience within the design industry
• Work as a creative lead on projects from conception to completion
• Responsible for homepage banners, e-shots, POS, brochures and stationary design
• Create identities and develop brand guidelines
• Previous Signage / Large Format industry experience
• Previous experience in a print room environment
• Experience in operating Adobe Creative Suite Vinyl Application experience
• Produce POS and relevant marketing-materials for clients
• Articulate design ideas to produce accurate and high-quality work
• Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts, work on layouts and art ready for print
• Strong portfolio showcasing skills in typography and layout
• Experience using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop SignLab 10 print and cut