Permanent Full Time
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000
Make sure you hit “APPLY” if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Carlton Recruitment is holding a Candidate registration day in Wimbledon on Tuesday 27th November 2018.
We will be recruiting for this role and a variety of exciting temporary and permanent positions.
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in with your CV and passport and introduce yourself. We’ll talk you through our latest vacancies and get to know what you’re after in your career!
Tuesday 27th November 2018 between 9:00am – 5:30pm The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB.
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
- Your passport, if you do not have a passport please bring your full birth certificate
- National Insurance card/Letter
- Drivers and forklift operators must have their valid license so we can make copies.
Please phone our Wimbledon office if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
£22,000 - £25,000
Looking for a role in purchasing? Our client, based in Mitcham, Surrey, is offering an exciting opportunity for a successful candidate to work closely with suppliers from the likes of Europe and the Far East. You will be involved in all aspects of the purchasing process from trend analysis and product development through to managing projects from order placement through to shipment. You will lead on all aspects of the product development and sampling process, ensuring that your creative ability provides products which sit perfectly with the client’s brand identity. You will be able to demonstrate your creative ability and show an excellent commercial approach.
- Sourcing directly or indirectly the most appropriate suppliers for each brief in order to deliver the optimum combination of capability, price, lead-time and quality
- Manage the sampling process to ensure accurate samples matching designs are delivered quickly and efficiently
- Proactively manage costs, in line with required profit margins and budgets
- Utilise skills to negotiate best prices / payment terms / deals from suppliers
- Produce and provide accurate ‘delivered’ prices to sales team
- Manage the product development process to ensure amends are made quickly and accurately to enable sign-off of approved samples
- Ensure that a full written documentation trail is available, in accordance with specified company procedures
- Propose products in response to briefs from the sales team and our clients
- Raise formal purchase orders through our order processing system
- Risk Assess, and then program orders for delivery
- Ensure all Company records are accurately maintained
- Gain a thorough understanding of customers, their brands, and their requirements
- Tenacious with a strong determination to succeed
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong IT skills with experience in using Microsoft Office and Apple Mac
- Experience in a buying environment, preferably within the premiums industry
- Ability to speak languages an advantage
Closing date for applications: November 30, 2018
Apply for this job