IT Project Manager
Permanent Full Time
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000
Make sure you hit “APPLY” if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Carlton Recruitment is holding a Candidate registration day in Wimbledon on Thursday 17th January 2019.
We will be recruiting for this role and a variety of exciting temporary and permanent positions.
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in with your CV and passport and introduce yourself. We’ll talk you through our latest vacancies and get to know what you’re after in your career!
Thursday 17th January 2019 between 9:00am – 5:00pm The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB.
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
- Your passport, if you do not have a passport please bring your full birth certificate
- National Insurance card/Letter
- Drivers and forklift operators must have their valid license so we can make copies.
Please phone our Wimbledon office if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
IT Project Manager
£60,000 - £65,000
Our client in Central London is looking to hire an IT Project Manager to join their busy and vibrant team! Your primary responsibilities will be to accomplish project objectives by planning project activities, evaluating implementation and progress of projects.
This is a multi-disciplined, hands-on role requiring someone who possesses excellent problem-solving skills and good knowledge of tools and techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving operational or process problems related to key applications. You will be comfortable with communicating technical terms and descriptions to business users, and be adept in working with solutions delivery.
The core working hours will be 9:00am – 5:00pm, however at times there will be a need to be available outside of these hours for project initiations discussions or meeting with other participants in other different time zones. Occasional travel may also be required for this role.
- Create and deliver project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identify resources and assign responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s)
- Work closely with relevant stake holders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s)
- Understand basic revenue models and P/L; meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Works with developers and designers to define and document questions, liaise with business via email, IM or phone to get new requirements and explain feasibility
- Submit project status reports to stakeholders; reviews bugs; plans software releases; anticipates and reacts to change.
- May be required to lead or participate in the design and/or testing phases of projects
- Cultivate contacts with business leads to garner information about future requirement and to try to influence those developments in ways that align with the company’s IT initiatives
- Keep updated with professional activities to maintain knowledge on capabilities by working with specialists in the various areas
- Continuously improve project management toolkits and methodologies used within IT. Provide expertise and consulting to project managers in the process of project management and in the softer skills of team dynamics, team building and group motivation
- Present oral and written reports defining plans, problems, and resolutions to appropriate levels of management
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience
- Experience of managing projects related to outsourcing services, infrastructure and platforms, and co-ordinating activities third-party suppliers
- Knowledge of foundations in technologies such as Windows Server, SQL Server, IIS and networking, databases and web technologies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including coaching, decision making, persuasion and time management
- Create and manage Backlog, Rags and project related status reports to ensure risk and delays are accommodated and mitigated
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for client satisfaction
- Understanding of change and release management
- Experience of working with solutions delivery
- Must be self-motivated & able to work independently
- Must understand how to organise and work with data
Closing date for applications: January 20, 2019
Apply for this job