Risk and Compliance Manager
Location: New Malden
Permanent Full Time
Make sure you hit “APPLY” if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Carlton Recruitment is holding a Candidate registration day in Wimbledon on Thursday 28th February 2019.
We will be recruiting for this role and a variety of exciting temporary and permanent positions.
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in with your CV and passport and introduce yourself. We’ll talk you through our latest vacancies and get to know what you’re after in your career!
Thursday 28th February 2019 between 9:00am – 5:00pm The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB.
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
- Your passport, if you do not have a passport please bring your full birth certificate
- National Insurance card/Letter
- Drivers and forklift operators must have their valid license so we can make copies.
Please phone our Wimbledon office if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
Risk & Compliance Manager
Following a period of change and strategic planning, our client based in New Malden is looking to hire a Risk & Compliance Manager to join their team. You will provide support and assistance to the Director of Policy in the maintenance and monitoring of the company’s compliance and quality systems, in line with relevant regulatory conditions and key risk indicators.
This is an exciting time to join the company, as they are poised for continued growth, with an exciting agenda to optimise its global qualifications market and innovate for growth with a range of education and membership initiatives.
- Providing support to the Director of Policy in ensuring that arrangements for meeting regulatory obligations – in relation to qualification systems and procedures – are effective and appropriate
- Supporting the investigation of incidents and irregularities which could compromise the integrity of delivery, assessment and awarding of qualifications, including adverse effects on learners, and cases of malpractice and maladministration
- Performing risk assessments to understand the level, significance and scope of risk, provide recommendations on mitigation, and strengthening controls
- Assist in training employees on regulations, emphasising the impact to the organisation if these are not complied with, whilst taking a pragmatic stance on solutions to take account of the challenging markets in which the client is engaged
- Assisting with access requirements, special considerations and candidate appeals
- Working with the Quality Assurance Manager to support centre approval and monitoring processes, including centre risk-rating
- Highlighting or escalating areas of concern in relation to quality audits to the Director of Policy
- Contributing to the development of robust and effective compliance controls within the organisation, whilst maintaining a pragmatic approach to solutions and initiatives
- Reviewing documents and policies to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Assist in the gathering of internal information in response to regulatory requests and for internal use (e.g. information for the product department)
- Conducting internal audits on internal systems, processes and evidence, providing reports – including data – to the Director of Policy and Quality Groups
- Providing advice and guidance on how to improve and strengthen procedures balancing compliance with efficiency
- Various general administrative duties, such as file creation and maintenance of ongoing projects
- Collaborating with other departments to create a culture of compliance, and to provide necessary information needed to ensure scrutiny of product portfolio
- Executing quality checks on malpractice and maladministration decisions and provide relevant information to the Product Department
- Ensuring self-regulated products and processes adhere to internally-scoped risk indicators
- Current working knowledge of OFQUAL General Conditions of Recognition
- Experience working in a compliance or risk management quality control role in a regulated environment, ideally within the education sector
- Ability to plan, manage and deliver projects within demanding timeframes
- Ability to conduct internal audit and to compile reports with recommendations
- Experience of working collaboratively within a small team in a small business
- Strong communicator with excellent oral and written English skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Experience of analysing and presenting complex data
- Ability to sense emerging issues and create solutions and awareness before escalation
- Qualified to degree-level
- Appropriate qualification or accredited training in quality assurance, or management of systems and processes
- Experience of international markets, particularly developing nations
Closing date for applications: March 22, 2019
Apply for this job