Permanent Full Time
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000
Make sure you hit “APPLY” if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Carlton Recruitment is holding a Candidate registration day in Wimbledon on Wednesday 27th March 2019.
We will be recruiting for this role and a variety of exciting temporary and permanent positions.
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in with your CV and passport and introduce yourself. We’ll talk you through our latest vacancies and get to know what you’re after in your career!
Wednesday 27th March 2019 between 9:00am – 5:00pm The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB.
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
- Your passport, if you do not have a passport please bring your full birth certificate
- National Insurance card/Letter
- Drivers and forklift operators must have their valid license so we can make copies.
Please phone our Wimbledon office if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
£22,000 - £25,000
Temp to Contract (up to 1 year)
Looking to take your next step in your career towards becoming a premiums buyer? Our client, based in Mitcham, Surrey, is offering an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Buyer. This is a maternity cover role, working on a temp to contract basis.
You will be involved in all aspects of the purchasing process from trend analysis and product development through to managing projects from order placement through to shipment. Ability to demonstrate your creative ability, you must be commercial in your approach and equally confident with spreadsheets.
Experienced in buying and project managing would be preferred, however full training will be provided to enable you to contribute to all aspects of the product development and sampling process, ensuring that you offer our clients products which sit perfectly with their brand identity.
- Sourcing directly or indirectly the most appropriate suppliers for each brief in order to deliver the optimum combination of capability, price, lead-time and quality
- Manage the sampling process to ensure accurate samples matching designs are delivered quickly and efficiently
- Proactively manage costs, in line with required profit margins and budgets
- Utilise skills to negotiate best prices / payment terms / deals from suppliers
- Produce and provide accurate ‘delivered’ prices to sales team
- Manage the product development process to ensure amends are made quickly and accurately to enable sign-off of approved samples
- Ensure that a full written documentation trail is available, in accordance with specified company procedures
- Propose products in response to briefs from the sales team and our clients
- Raise formal purchase orders through our order processing system
- Risk Assess, and then program orders for delivery
- Ensure all Company records are accurately maintained
- Gain a thorough understanding of customers, their brands, and their requirements
- Previous experience in a buying environment, preferably within the premiums industry
- Tenacious with a strong determination to succeed
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong IT skills with experience in using Microsoft Office, Windows and Apple Mac operating systems
- Creative and innovative
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to build strong vendor relationships
- Knowledge of shipping and duty.
- Ability to speak additional European languages an advantage
Closing date for applications: April 1, 2019
Apply for this job