Permanent Full Time
Make sure you hit “APPLY” if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Carlton Recruitment is holding a Candidate registration day in Wimbledon on Thursday 28th February 2019.
We will be recruiting for this role and a variety of exciting temporary and permanent positions.
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in with your CV and passport and introduce yourself. We’ll talk you through our latest vacancies and get to know what you’re after in your career!
Thursday 28th February 2019 between 9:00am – 5:00pm The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB.
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
- Your passport, if you do not have a passport please bring your full birth certificate
- National Insurance card/Letter
- Drivers and forklift operators must have their valid license so we can make copies.
Please phone our Wimbledon office if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
Up to £30,000
As part of our successful client’s evolution to transform the customer experience, they are seeking a talented Programme Merchandiser to join our growing business. Your primary function is to develop and execute products for various programs.
You need to stand out as an individual that proactively assists others with solutions, issues, and requests for information. You will facilitate the customer catalogue process by focusing on client product requirements and all tasks surrounding the development process.
We are looking for someone who is able to understand a customer’s needs and have effective idea generation and product sourcing knowledge to meet the marketing opportunities. If you have are a positive, self-motivated individual with experience in a similar role and have an additional European language (desirable but not essential), apply now!
- Source and present a variety of apparel and merchandise to clients
- Make sure the program meets target expectations for margins and client satisfaction
- Assist in the development of stock line and custom development associated with their accounts
- Ability to source products independently, utilising preferred vendor partners to drive efficiencies
- Communicate regularly with Procurement to ensure that the client is maximising vendor relationships
- Rigidly maintaining all product samples, including marking samples to coordinate with presentation materials for sales representatives merchandising programs at the customer’s location
- Supply and monitor incoming and outgoing samples
- Order all samples for merchandising presentations
- Reconcile vendor sample receiving, invoices, and billing of presentation samples to the correct catalogue account
- Assist with upkeep of the display showroom samples, both rotating out old products and logging in new samples
- Order photography for hi-resolution, professional product images to be used on eStores
- Order photo or virtual samples for all catalogue items selected for assigned programs
- Meet project timelines and minimise freight-in costs by working efficiently
- Follow-up on all product details for customer catalogue/websites – layout, copy, how product is presented
- Ability to understand the profitability of the organization and how actions within Merchandising affect the bottom-line
- Work with Purchasing and Inventory team and Accounts on cost discrepancies, vendor errors, and general product questions
- Execute art and decoration requests
- Complete estimated product pricing documents and PowerPoint presentations when requested by Program Team
- Assist in training of team on new systems, processes, forms or business tools as needed
- Stay current with the client’s preferred suppliers and attend supplier shows
- Previous experience in a similar role
- B2B experience desirable
- Additional European language a plus, specifically German, French, Spanish or Italian
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Work & Outlook) and SAP (desirable but not essential)
- Positive attitude, self-motivated and energetic personality
- Solid mathematical ability and understanding of costs
- Problem solving and solutions oriented
- Ability to build relationships, both customer and internal
- Ability to translate a brand concepts or project briefings into relevant promotional products
- Strong ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and meet required deadlines
- Strong business communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of internal and external stakeholders and support functions
- Solid presentation skills and experience presenting to groups
- Professional acumen and skills in salesmanship
- Flexibility to adapt to a company’s needs
- Ability to work well in a team is essential
- Strong organisational skills (including time-management skills)
- Good eye for detail and ability to analyse data
- Flexibility to travel when necessary based on account needs
Closing date for applications: March 1, 2019
Apply for this job