Permanent Full Time
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Make sure you hit “APPLY” if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Carlton Recruitment is holding a Candidate registration day in Wimbledon on Wednesday 27th March 2019.
We will be recruiting for this role and a variety of exciting temporary and permanent positions.
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in with your CV and passport and introduce yourself. We’ll talk you through our latest vacancies and get to know what you’re after in your career!
Wednesday 27th March 2019 between 9:00am – 5:00pm The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB.
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
- Your passport, if you do not have a passport please bring your full birth certificate
- National Insurance card/Letter
- Drivers and forklift operators must have their valid license so we can make copies.
Please phone our Wimbledon office if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
£20,000 - £25,000
Monday – Friday
8.30 am – 5.00 pm
Our client is looking for a talented Technical Assistant to assist the business with the IT technical support and to understand the functionalities of all the companies hardware/software offerings (e.g.: DVRs, cameras, sensors, tracking systems), in order to be able to advise both clients and staff.
This will be achieved by carrying out the testing of all new products, liaising withvendors and their development teams as requested, liaising with automotive manufacturers on electronic information, and drafting progress reviews from a technical standpoint of any project. You will also assist with any product development and provide internal in-house software support as required.
- Assist with any upgrades to in-house software
- Maintain the CMS server for remote video access for 3G enabled DVRs
- Test software in different environments to check compatibility, e.g. touch screen, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10
- Conduct technical and some pre-sales training to customers on all aspects of the businesses product range if requested
- Training internal staff
- Ensure an up to date understanding of 3G and mobile networks
- Develop a good understanding of all3rd party devices such as routers, modems
- Develop a strong understanding of all aspects of CCTV concepts
- Fully understand the tracking functionality of the businesses systems
- Deal with customers efficiently on the telephone as part of the role will include supporting customers when the level of technical requirement goes beyond that of other staff
- Test, and supply feedback on products – mainly DVRs, cameras and tracker technology
- Highlight any major issues prior to products being released for installation
- Manage own time effectively to do all responsibilities to aid business development
- Attend external and internal training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills
- Maintaining detailed knowledge of the company's products
- Involvement in product development (where appropriate)
- To identify personal development needs both to meet operational and professional standards and to actively participate in the performance review
- Keeping abreast of what competitors are doing
- Ideally an IT graduate, or someone with sufficient experience in:
- Windows 7/8/10
- Active Directory
- Windows Server
- Officer 365
- Microsoft Azure
- Remote Suppport
- Experience with mobile and/or static CCTV systems
- Experience with vehicle telematics
- Experience with Can-bus
Closing date for applications: April 2, 2019
Apply for this job