Location: Kingston Upon Thames
Permanent Full Time
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Make sure you hit “APPLY” if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Carlton Recruitment is holding a Candidate registration day in Wimbledon on Thursday 28th February 2019.
We will be recruiting for this role and a variety of exciting temporary and permanent positions.
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in with your CV and passport and introduce yourself. We’ll talk you through our latest vacancies and get to know what you’re after in your career!
Thursday 28th February 2019 between 9:00am – 5:00pm The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB.
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
- Your passport, if you do not have a passport please bring your full birth certificate
- National Insurance card/Letter
- Drivers and forklift operators must have their valid license so we can make copies.
Please phone our Wimbledon office if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
£20,000 - £25,000
Monday to Friday 7am to 4pm
Our client in Kingston is looking for a driven and motivated Warehouse Supervisor who takes pride in their work. You will be supporting the Branch Manager and Assistant Manager, deputising in their absence, overseeing daily warehouse activities, and coaching and supporting the wider team.
- Work with the Branch Manager to ensure the smooth running of the branch, and assist in their absence
- Maintain sustainable and productive relationships with existing customers and colleagues, utilising these for relationship improvement and service improvement, helping the Assistant Manager achieve targets
- Supervise the warehouse, looking to continually improve efficiency, layout and stock locations, and providing suggestions when appropriate
- Manage daily utilisation of the vans, ensuring the cost of delivery is managed efficiently, maximising the van for own and group deliveries versus carrier
- Supervise the loading and unloading delivery trucks and company vehicles for the purpose of receiving stock and/or filling orders for transport
- Support in the delivery of a variety of items to customers, suppliers and internal branches for the purpose of meeting the distribution schedule and/or unscheduled routes to assigned locations and/or individuals when required
- Assist in receiving stock for the purpose of ensuring the quantity and quality of orders are correct
- Participate in physical inventories for the purpose of verifying stock and identifying losses
- Prepare orders by pulling stock for the purpose of meeting delivery requirements
- Supervise the daily workload for the drivers, including run allocation and route planning where appropriate
- Collate and communicate needed records (e.g. driver check log, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and providing reliable resource information for compliance purposes
- Supervise the daily Health & Safety activities and compliance within the branch completing appropriate paperwork
- Proven experience in general warehouse operation duties
- Experience supervising operational and logistics functions
- High degree of resilience and self-motivation, takes pride in their work
- Ability to work under pressure and manage self
- Driving license (essential)
- Working knowledge on MS office and ERP systems
- Knowledge of SAP Business One (desirable but not essential)
- Working as part of a team and dealing with customers
- Ability to coach and develop a team
- Good written and oral communication
- Recognition of opportunities for operational efficiencies
- Effective in managing own time and following instruction
Closing date for applications: March 2, 2019
Apply for this job