Term Time Evening Porter
Permanent Part Time
Make sure you hit “APPLY” if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Carlton Recruitment is holding a Candidate registration day in Wimbledon on Thursday 28th February 2019.
We will be recruiting for this role and a variety of exciting temporary and permanent positions.
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in with your CV and passport and introduce yourself. We’ll talk you through our latest vacancies and get to know what you’re after in your career!
Thursday 28th February 2019 between 9:00am – 5:00pm The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB.
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
- Your passport, if you do not have a passport please bring your full birth certificate
- National Insurance card/Letter
- Drivers and forklift operators must have their valid license so we can make copies.
Please phone our Wimbledon office if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
Term Time Evening Porter
Our client is looking to hire an Evening Porter to join their team. This role provides evening security and portering support to meet the client’s requirements. You will be part of the general porters’ team, although you will largely be required to work alone or with one or two other people on the evening shift, supporting general activities.
This is a part-time role working Monday- Friday 4.30pm to 11.00pm, term time only – 34 weeks per year.
- Moving furniture and setting up rooms for meetings, functions, examinations etc.
- Accepting deliveries/post and distributing these to the correct recipients
- Dealing with incoming, outgoing and internal mail
- Reporting to the Head Porter any misuse of buildings or equipment
- Reporting the improper parking of cars and dealing with vehicles parked without permission
- Traffic management on site as required along with surrounding roads
- Collection of lost property
- Accepting deliveries, dealing with incoming/outgoing and internal mail/parcels and distributing them
- Dealing with emergencies until a senior member of staff arrives
- Dealing with enquiries either at the Porters’ Office, by email or via telephone
- Any other portering duties as directed by the Head Porter
- Providing portering support to evening events, including setting up and reinstating rooms (which involves moving furniture)
- Carrying out a full site lock up every evening in accordance with the agreed schedule
- Dealing with members of the public and booking visitors in and out, when reception is closed
- Providing security patrols main site, thereby monitoring the safety
- Covering reception when required
- Carrying out security tasks as directed including staffing of external gates at the beginning and end of the day
- Reporting and investigating any security alerts
- Assisting with/or dealing with any security issues
- Issuing of keys and security badges as appropriate
- Monitoring CCTV equipment
Health and Safety
- Reporting without delay all hazards or damage discovered inside or outside buildings
- Reporting repair requests to the Maintenance or Site Condition teams
- Assisting with emergency situations, particularly fire alarms, following the correct procedures
- Being available at the Porters’ Office, by email or via telephone
- Acting as Fire Marshal for evening events and managing evacuations in the event of an incident, in collaboration with the event lead
Staff carrying out this role should:
- Have experience in similar roles
- Be self-motivated and be able to work productively and courteously with a wide range people
- Have a sense of humour and a pragmatic, communicative attitude
- Daily working hours 4.30pm to 11.00pm, Monday to Friday, with half an hour break (30 hours per week)
- 25 working days’ annual paid holiday (pro rata) plus statutory English public holidays (you will be limited as to when you can take these, please enquire to find out more)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Programme of health benefits
Closing date for applications: March 4, 2019
Apply for this job