Make sure you hit “APPLY” if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Carlton Recruitment will be holding Candidate Registration Days in Wimbledon and Epsom over the next two weeks.
We will be recruiting for this role and a variety of exciting temporary and permanent positions.
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in on one of the days with your CV and passport and introduce yourself. We’ll talk you through our latest vacancies and get to know what you’re after in your career!
Open days take place between 9:00am – 5:30pm at the following locations:
Wimbledon – Thursday 3rd May 2018 – The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB
Epsom – Thursday 10th May 2018 – Global House, No 1 Ashley Avenue, Epsom, KT18 5AD
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
• Your passport, if you do not have a passport please bring your full birth certificate
• Your CV and National Insurance card/letter
• Drivers and forklift operators must have their valid license so we can make copies.
Please phone our offices if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
Contract – Maternity cover until February 2019
Would you describe yourself as a proactive, sociable, focused, flexible and confident Finance Manager?
If so what are you waiting for?
The purpose of this role is to produce and complete monthly management accounts and to oversee and ensure the smooth running of the finance function in support of the Finance Director.
You will be responsible for always ensuring that the working environment is safe and free of hazards and that you complete primary responsibilities within the set deadlines whilst coaching and supporting the finance team and the wider business.
Finance manager role has 4 direct reports
1. Purchase Ledger Clerk
2. Purchase Ledger Clerk
3. Sales Ledger Clerk
4. Credit Controller
• Management of cash flow for all bank accounts
• Carry out the close of the accounting systems for each company at month end
• Preparation of profit and loss and balance sheets for all companies monthly, to an agreed deadline
• Preparation of management account reports and commentary for all companies monthly, to an agreed deadline
• Complete balance sheet reconciliations monthly
• Preparation and submission of monthly VAT return and reverse charge VAT submission, and oversight of the EC Sales and Intrastat submissions
• Monthly update of PSA information for annual return
• Management of Purchase and sales ledger functions ensuring the smooth running of the finance department
• Dealing with internal and external queries in a timely manner
• Providing support to Finance Director
• Preparation and submission of any data required by The Office of National Statistics
• Management of the fixed asset registers
• Review of bank reconciliations
• Foreign exchange revaluation monthly and set up of weekly FX rates in accounting system
• Setting up payments in online banking systems
• Reviewing payment runs and online payments
• Monthly 1-1s with 4 direct reports
• Bi-annual appraisals with 4 direct reports
• Preparation and responsibility for the annual audit of all companies
• Setting up monthly payroll payments
• Adhoc tasks
• Either professionally qualified or working towards professional qualification.
• Minimum 5 years accounting experience
• Conduct self in a confident and professional manner at all times
• Excellent excel skills with a keen eye for detail
• Able to motive and manage a team
• Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure and manage workload
• Able to be flexible with working hours during busy times.
• Ability to use their own initiative
• Team player
• Understands the importance of discretion and ability to keep information confidential
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.