P/T Admin Assistant
Location: New Malden
Temporary Part Time
Salary: £9.00 - £10.00 PH
Make sure you hit “APPLY” if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Carlton Recruitment is holding a Candidate registration day in Wimbledon on Wednesday 27th March 2019.
We will be recruiting for this role and a variety of exciting temporary and permanent positions.
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in with your CV and passport and introduce yourself. We’ll talk you through our latest vacancies and get to know what you’re after in your career!
Wednesday 27th March 2019 between 9:00am – 5:00pm The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB.
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
- Your passport, if you do not have a passport please bring your full birth certificate
- National Insurance card/Letter
- Drivers and forklift operators must have their valid license so we can make copies.
Please phone our Wimbledon office if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
£9.00 - £10.00 PH
Part-time, 24 hours per week
We are looking for a temporary Admin Assistant to assist a visually impaired Rehabilitation Worker, who works within Adult Social Care.
You will be supporting the client with their day-to-day duties, escorting them to meetings and home visits and assisting in any other ad hoc duties. You must be highly computer savvy, respectful of confidentiality and disability, and be fit to carry various pieces of equipment upstairs, to and from vehicles, etc.
The role is based in New Malden, but you may need to travel around to visit service users who live in the Borough of Kingston upon Thames.
- Operating in-house databases, searching for service user details, completing necessary information
- Archiving emails and other electronic documents
- Retrieving archived electronic documents from client and other professionals
- Using the internet to order equipment to be delivered to service users or in-house
- Finding equipment in store cupboards and ensuring old stock is used first
- Maintain a good supply of stationery and other forms used in the office
- Using headset connected to client’s phone, speaking directly to and the taking down of information from service users
- Taking dictation of case notes to be entered directly and accurately onto the database
- Copy and paste case notes already written and stored in Word onto database
- Paste body of letter onto templates and ensure accuracy, good presentation and correct font style and size
- Reading correspondence out loud and filing in relevant place
- Must have the ability to speed read documents to find relevant information and to adjust reading speed to suit type of correspondence
- Describing diagrams and pictures of equipment in catalogues and on line
- Retrieving paper files and keeping files in necessary order
- Sending faxes
- Take part in team meetings and occasionally take notes
- Driving to home visits
- Experience and/or clear understanding of working with people with a disability in ways that will empower them
- Proven experience working in an administrative role
- Basic understanding of Health and Safety in the work place
- Able to successfully work as part of a team
- Sound organisational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use IT and Microsoft Office packages to support your communications, administration and report writing
- Must be able to set up technical equipment e.g. electronic reading aids and change settings on TV by using on screen guides
- Able to carry equipment up several flights of stairs
- Must be willing to take part in sensory awareness training
- React quickly to situations to ensure client’s safety
- Must be comfortable around a guide dog and understand its role
- Must be willing to look after the guide dog on occasions when it is not possible to take the dog into a client’s home
- Must be comfortable with working with clients of all ages and backgrounds
- Must be sensitive to the emotional effects of sight and hearing loss
Closing date for applications: March 26, 2019
Apply for this job