Permanent Full Time
Salary: £85,000 - £90,000
Make sure you hit “APPLY” if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Carlton Recruitment is holding a Candidate registration day in Wimbledon on Wednesday 27th March 2019.
We will be recruiting for this role and a variety of exciting temporary and permanent positions.
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in with your CV and passport and introduce yourself. We’ll talk you through our latest vacancies and get to know what you’re after in your career!
Wednesday 27th March 2019 between 9:00am – 5:00pm The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB.
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
- Your passport, if you do not have a passport please bring your full birth certificate
- National Insurance card/Letter
- Drivers and forklift operators must have their valid license so we can make copies.
Please phone our Wimbledon office if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
Up to £90,000
Our client in the Tolworth/Chessington area is looking to hire an accomplished Finance Director. This role is a major influence on the business, as you will be personally leading a team of six, as well as taking charge of financial reporting and advice in a £20M business group
The Finance Director is responsible for providing financial information, advice and support to help Senior Executives make key decisions. Your role is also responsible for the driving the efforts, results, and success of the finance department to ensure processes are run efficiently and all timescales are met.
This is very hands-on role; as well as assisting on Financial matters, you will be involved in other operational decisions within the business.
- Interpreting complex financial information and providing advice and guidance to support decision-making processes
- Supervising the finance team and other employees in the performance of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, receiving payments, etc.
- Supporting the Senior Executives in setting the business strategy of the company
- Ensuring that the finance function is managed with probity and audits are well prepared for and successful and the integrity of the business is preserved
- Preparing company reports on a monthly and annual basis
- Ensuring the business properly deals with the external financial environment by reporting profits correctly and complying with regulation to minimize costs to the business
- Monitoring cash flow, P&L and financial transactions to maintain the agreed company position
- Proactively seeking out methods and practices to minimise financial risk
- Lead company-wide budgetary planning
- Overseeing, reviewing, and ensuring adherence to the budgets for each business department
- Ensuring that all the company's financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation
- Analysing the external financial climate and market trends to assist Senior Executives in creating strategic plans for the future
- Leading preparation for annual audits to ensure financial information is up-to-date and well maintained
- Creating and maintaining relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions and accountants
- Updating and implementing financial policies and procedures
- Working with HR to recruit candidates who will be an asset to the finance department
- Establishes and implements a training program for new finance employees
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related field
- Several years of experience in the Finance sector
- Proven management experience
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Advanced leadership skills
- Integrity, honesty and understanding of data privacy standards
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Thorough understanding of business principles and practices
- Superior attention to detail
- Planning skills
- Problem-solving skills and analytical skills
Closing date for applications: April 1, 2019
Apply for this job