Media Manager - Leatherhead
Our client based in Leatherhead has a media manager role. The role will include overseeing all Media activity whilst reporting to the Head of Communication. You will ensure that the media created and posted is within the strict tone and imaging in order to develop and implement a successful marketing strategy along with other media content types.
For this role you should have varied experience within journalism and have a level of understanding of communications
· Free parking
· Free lunch
· Life insurance scheme
· Pension scheme
· Travel loan
· Develop and implement clear and effective protocols and practices for the handling of all media activity
· Proactively advise and brief senior staff and other key, regular spokespeople on specific issues and tactics for rebutting and correcting inaccurate and misinformation
· Proactively identify and prioritise any media issues that may potentially threaten the reputation of the client
· Identify and generate positive news stories about the company for use across all channels, and swiftly rebuff any inaccurate statements
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key media contacts, stakeholders, journalists and high influencers to enable the client to publicise and promote key achievements more readily.
· Proactively plan and prepare media responses and press releases to forthcoming issues – such as key reports, events and announcements – and ensure internal audiences are informed in advance
· Provide media advice and guidance to branches and headquarters personnel to promote consistent national policy to ensure wider support and understanding, delivering media training where necessary
· Organise and co-ordinate media facilities, interviews and press briefings/conferences, as required either as stand-alone events of part of other activities, e.g. annual conference
· Support the management of planning diaries against all corporate requirements to plan future media and communication activity and events within the Communications department and specifically this function
· Supervise own staff and functional activity effectively, planning and allocating resources to ensure optimum service delivery
· Coach and mentor own staff to encourage optimum performance for work and behavioural standards, liaising promptly with the Head of Communications if concerns arise
· And any other tasks as reasonably requested by management.
· Has a journalistic qualification or relevant communications qualification
· Has proven experience working within a busy and corporate fast moving news-focused press office / corporate communications team.
· Has direct practical experience of handling press enquiries in a constantly changing political landscape
· Possesses a comprehensive understanding of broadcasting and media industries and the social and economic climate in which it operates
· Demonstrates proactivity and initiative to build successful media strategies to enhance reputations
· Has a high degree of interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
· Understands and has a proven ability of working collaboratively with key stakeholders
· Can demonstrate attention to detail and an awareness of the ‘bigger picture’ to ensure that all activities are conveying a consistent professional message