Make sure you hit “APPLY” if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Carlton Recruitment is holding a Candidate registration day in Wimbledon on Wednesday 27th March 2019.
We will be recruiting for this role and a variety of exciting temporary and permanent positions.
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in with your CV and passport and introduce yourself. We’ll talk you through our latest vacancies and get to know what you’re after in your career!
Wednesday 27th March 2019 between 9:00am – 5:00pm The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB.
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
Please phone our Wimbledon office if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
Temporary Media Officer – Leatherhead
Our client based in Leatherhead has a media officer role. The role will include promoting a positive image of the business online to internal and external audiences. This will be done through delivering the approved media strategy whilst handing media enquiries and requests.
For this role you should have varied experience within journalism and have a high level of understanding of communications
· Free parking
· Free lunch
· Life insurance scheme
· Pension scheme
· Travel loan
· Assist the Media Manager in developing and implementing media strategies
· Act as first point of contact for media enquiries, making decisions about the appropriate response to be given in order to support the company’s needs and to protect and enhance its reputation
· Research and draft responses to media enquiries ensuring media receive accurate information in a timely way
· Develop and maintain professional working relationships with high-level journalist contacts throughout the national and specialist media
· Draft and write press releases and manage media materials to be used across a variety of platforms, eg print, broadcast, digital and social media
· Under the direction of the Media Manager, arrange press briefings and events, such as conferences, presenting to journalists where appropriate
· Organise interview requests for journalists with relevant staff, ensuring they are briefed appropriately
· Log all media activity within system databases, with the Communications Assistant
· Research, write and edit compelling content for a range of disciplines
· Has a journalistic qualification or relevant communications qualification
· Has proven experience working within a busy and corporate fast moving news-focused press office / corporate communications team.
· Has direct practical experience of handling press enquiries in a constantly changing political landscape
· Has relevant experience in delivering communications across multiple channels
· Demonstrates proactivity and initiative to build successful media strategies to enhance reputations
· Can demonstrate attention to detail and an awareness of a sensitive nature to ensure that all activities are conveying a consistent professional message