Permanent Full Time
Make sure you hit “APPLY” if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Carlton Recruitment is holding a Candidate registration day in Wimbledon on Wednesday 27th March 2019.
We will be recruiting for this role and a variety of exciting temporary and permanent positions.
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in with your CV and passport and introduce yourself. We’ll talk you through our latest vacancies and get to know what you’re after in your career!
Wednesday 27th March 2019 between 9:00am – 5:00pm The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB.
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
- Your passport, if you do not have a passport please bring your full birth certificate
- National Insurance card/Letter
- Drivers and forklift operators must have their valid license so we can make copies.
Please phone our Wimbledon office if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
Our prestigious client is looking to hire a creative, enthusiastic and caring Activities Coordinator at their facility in Surbiton, to assist with the planning and implementation of a varied activities programme. You roles will include dealing with individualised and group activities, and days out that are person-centred and appropriate to the residents’ requests, needs and abilities.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the Activities Manager to plan and co-ordinate volunteering activities for the support and benefit of residents, as well as promoting and delivering the highest standards of care, respect and support to residents, colleagues and others.
- To actively promote a culture where the activity programme is accepted and recognised as essential to wellbeing and integral to daily care, and is the responsibility of all staff supporting residents
- To organise and enable care staff to deliver a range of activities as part of their daily routine. Provide leadership and support to encourage and generate ideas.
- To actively promote the client’s qualities and values as integral in daily care
- To maintain and objectively review statistical information regarding the participation of residents in activities and to incorporate person centred care planning in regard to resident’s activities into their care plan
- To regularly evaluate activities to ensure success, suitability and popularity. Develop new ideas in consultation with the residents, relatives, activities staff, and other staff within the home
- To assist in the planning and delivery of a wide range of person centred daily/weekly/monthly individual and group activities and outings
- To seek out and identify appropriate entertainers, activity visitors and schedule special events in consultation with the Activities Manager and other individuals
- Nurture contacts with local care organisations, schools and other parties to participate in a reciprocal relationship with the client
- To ensure that activities and outings are enjoyable, stimulating and person-centred while taking into account any age related needs, disabilities and personal choices
- To motivate and encourage residents to participate in activities and ensure that all residents have equitable access to all activities and outings
- To be flexible with working hours have the ability to accompany residents on outings and attend/manage weekend/evening internal events where appropriate.
- To ensure all activities both internally and externally are suitably risk assessed for those individuals taking part
- To undertake such other duties as may be required and which are consistent with the nature of this role
- At all times, to promote the interests of the client and ensure that their culture and ethos is maintained, nurtured and supported
- To ensure within the scope of your role that you promote health and safety and comply with the requirements set out in the client’s Health & Safety Policy and the Data Protection Act 2013
- To be aware of, and assist in the co-ordination of the fire evacuation and all other emergency procedures
- To actively promote the concept of Equality and Diversity in all aspects of your role
- To be aware of and comply with the client’s security procedures
- The role requires a high degree of confidentiality and, it is expected that the job holder will meet these exacting standards at all times
- To promote and deliver the highest standards of care, respect and support to residents, colleagues and others
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Imaginative, innovative, creative and confident
- Customer care focused
- Caring, energetic and positive
- Genuine empathy and interest in working with older people
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrate good judgement, problem solving and decision making
- Able to motivate others
- Good team player and builds relationships
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good literacy and numeracy abilities
- Computer Literate - Microsoft Outlook/ Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Previous experience working with older and disabled individuals
- Previous experience in providing meaningful activity involvement for older people with Dementia
- NVQ or similar qualifications in Care / Activities
- A relevant hobby, eg. musical, drama, art/craft, that can be shared with residents
- A creative background in organising or involvement in events, activities either on a professional or personal basis
- Holds a UK driving licence and be able to undertake MIDAS training
Closing date for applications: April 11, 2019
Apply for this job