Deputy Head of Communications – Leatherhead
£50,000 - £55,000
Our very high profile Client, based near Leatherhead railway station is seeking a new Deputy Head of Communications to join their team for a hugely challenging role that will require a great deal of tact and diplomacy. They are looking for someone for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract with the potential to extend for as long as the business needs.
· Oversee a team of 13 members of staff
· Management of direct reports.
· Day to day team planning (including recording sickness, conducting ‘Return to Work’ interviews, staff holidays) and managing the on-call rota.
· Support the development, planning and implementation of communications strategies
· Help to build relationships with complex internal and external stakeholders.
· Tasking workload amongst the team managers.
· Supporting the day to day delivery of communications.
· Supporting the skill development and abilities of managers in the Communications team.
· Responsibility for decision making on key media/communications issues.
· Provide continuous drive for improving standards and development.
· Demonstrable experience of effective communications team management and development.
· Proven examples of leadership skills
· Significant general communications experience.
· Must be adaptable and able to think quickly and strategically in a fast-paced environment.
· Stakeholder management and demonstrable experience of working effectively with senior stakeholders.
· Experience of working within a complex political environment.
· A highly organised approach is essential to multi-task and flex accordingly with daily challenges.
· Proven experience in evaluation of data and campaigns
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Strong influencing skills
· Experience of delivering campaign reporting, metrics and insights and responding reactively and proactively to current and emerging communication needs.
· Lunch and Beverages
· Secure underground parking, which is provided without charge.
· On-site fully equipped free gymnasium