Full Time Permanent
Our client who is based in Bankside is seeking a Campus Infrastructure Engineer to join their team on a full time permanent basis. You will be reporting to the Managing Director of Global Network Strategy and Operations. This role is to support the team and provide a strong work ethic in order to ensure the agility of the team and the objectives set are met in a timely manner. The ideal candidate will have a vast range of experience and knowledge in order to succeed in this role.
• Lead and facilitate meetings with customers and other internal stakeholders in person to understand and document overall project and system architecture needs
• Develop and implement a systematic approach for discovery of project requirements
• Capture all project related infrastructure and collaborate/consult with other team members as necessary to support project goals
• Review legacy systems and solutions and create detailed documentation of the system to include technical drawings, architectural design, and business requirements
• Contribute to developing and maintaining equipment inventory in a central CMDB
• Gather health metrics, trend analysis, capacity planning and performance data for systems and report on current health
• Make proactive recommendations for and take reasonable corrective actions to ensure high availability, disaster recovery and backup configurations are in place and match the required business objective
• Review systems for appropriate warranty coverage and take necessary actions to ensure equipment is actively covered by warranty
• Work as part of the campus team to understand, design, and implement solutions across all technology stacks in the campus environment
• Assist with creating standardized design processes for campus infrastructure systems
• Make recommendations for improvements and alternatives for existing systems to increase cost effectiveness, system stability, and future expandability
• Research, suggest, and assist with the implementation of proactive monitoring systems
• Assist with gathering info and writing project related documents
• Assist in writing operational runbooks for campus infrastructure systems
• Act as a liaison with outsource vendors to achieve desired work effort
• Work with external vendors and partners to develop BOM’s or SOW’s
• Contribute to the overall cost management processes for assigned projects
• Manage vendor engagements for troubleshooting and repair of existing systems to ensure SLA’s are maintained
• Support organizational strategy to reduce and operationalize costs by employing cloud-based technologies
• Clearly communicate activities including acknowledgement of assigned task, project deliverables and status
• A degree in IT/ Engineering/ Computer Science or equivalent experience and training in a related field of study
The following certifications, in order of preference, are desired to demonstrate proficiency with activities performed by this role—CCIE, CCNP, CCDA, CCNA in the following areas Route / Switch, Service Provider, Security.
Additional certifications secondary to the role yet desirable-- GIAC, CISSP, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty, HP MACE
• Progressive experience in an enterprise IT environment that includes hands-on administration, support and implementation of network infrastructure systems in a large enterprise environment.
• Supporting high-availability environments.
• Knowledge of multi-tenancy, MSP, or holding company operations a plus.
• Proven ability to architect and implement complex network infrastructure environments in both the public and private cloud.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues involving multiple sites and endpoints.
• Intermediate proficiency with 802.1x in a multi-domain environment.
• Intermediate proficiency with NAC, preferably Cisco ISE.
• Advanced proficiency with routing protocols.
• Advanced proficiency with IPV4 Addressing and CIDR subnetting
• Basic proficiency with CAD: ability to scale, measure, and read telecommunication drawings and floorplans.
• Intermediate proficiency with 802.11 wireless standards, implementations, and troubleshooting.
• Intermediate proficiency of physical infrastructure standards - planning, implementation and maintenance (cable plant, fiber, HVAC, power)
• Basic proficiency with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google) infrastructure design.
• Experience with ACI, NetDevOps, scripting languages (Python, Ansible) desirable.
• Proficiency with Cisco Commerce Estimates for budgeting process
• MS Office tools: Visio, Outlook, Excel, Word
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Agility to manage and prioritize time across multiple competing projects
• Cooperative team spirit
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a high level of proficiency architecting, installing, configuring, supporting and maintaining the following technologies and equipment:
Security: Cisco ASA v8.3+ in multi-context mode / Firepower, Fortinet
NAC: Cisco ISE v 1.3 – 2.X, 802.1X
Cisco: Catalyst 29xx, 38XX, 45XX, 93XX, 94XX, N7K, N9K
HP: Comware 5, 7, 58xx, 59xx, ProCurve 29xx, 38xx,
WLAN: Cisco 3504, 5520
Advanced Routing: Cisco ASR series, 72XX, 45xx, 39XX, 29XX, using EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and static routes, MPLS, VRF-lite, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP
• Normal business hours with extended hours as needed for project implementation or customer support
• Ability to travel up to +/- 20% of the time