Local Company are looking for an Electrical Trainer/Assessor to work on an ad-hoc basis at a new training company based in Sittingbourne
Job Description and Responsibilities
· Provide training and assessment of candidates in scopes for which personal competence has been achieved.
· Support candidates throughout their course, monitor their progress and liaise with employers and other colleagues involved in the delivery in order to ensure timely completions.
· Conduct assessments and examinations in accordance with the requirements of the AO, ensuring assessments and examinations are marked promptly and feedback is given to candidates on the outcome of the assessment decision.
· Liaise with Line Manager with regard to technical resources, course structure, development and training material.
· Liaise with Administration Director with regard to non-technical resources, candidate paperwork and candidate feedback.
· Liaise with Line Manager and Administration Director with regard to any issues regarding the course scheduling.
· Process and maintain candidate assessment paperwork in an organized and confidential manner.
· Invigilate examinations and handle oral questions.
· Interview potential candidates.
· Promote the company and its range of courses.
· Continue to develop skills and update knowledge in order to increase scopes in which training can be provided.
· Internal verification of assessment paperwork when Internal Verifier V1 Award has been achieved.
· Prepare/tidy training and assessment areas. Also ensure these areas are kept safe and secure.
· Attend regular team meetings & ensure all action points are fulfilled.
· Ensure the standards of service are met at all times.
The right person must
· Be approachable and able to support our customers during their course
· Be confident and able to stand in front of a group and delivery engaging training session
· Be professional and able to maintain a professional but personable manner at all times with candidates and staff when carrying out the role
Qualification Requirements / Be able to Deliver
· City & Guilds 2377 Portable Appliances and Testing
· City & Guilds 2382 Wiring Regulations
· City & Guilds 2391 / 2394 Initial Verification & Certification of Electrical Installations or equivalent
· City & Guilds 2391 / 2395 Periodic Inspection & Testing, Condition Reporting & Certification of Electrical Installations or equivalent
· Domestic Electrical Installer Course (Part P)
· Great to have other related industry qualifications in electrical, renewables, or mechanical
· Great to have ECS gold card
· Great to have teaching award PTLLS/ AET
· Great to have D32/ A1/ TAQA assessor awards.
· Great to have D34/ V1/ IQA award