Permanent Full Time
A new an exciting position has become available for an experienced Web Developer for an established maintenance company based in Maidstone.
This role is responsible for the development and maintenance of existing website and online applications.
Specific accountabilities and duties:
- Collaborating with design, strategy and sales teams to find solutions for the business’ digital projects
- Contributing to "scope of build" conversations with the Digital team, senior stakeholders, designers, and other developers
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Developing back-end platforms (Wordpress is our primary platform).
- Developing front-end interfaces
- Turning PSD/Ai mock-ups, into fully functional web pages, apps or HTML emails
- Developing and maintaining the business’ WordPress themes and plugins
- Collaborating in the development of new and existing website features and IA
- Developing custom web applications that drive business processes
- Setting up e-commerce applications / platforms (e.g. Shopify, Magento)
- Ensuring high-performance and availability (hosted with WP Engine), and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Contributing to the support of current aligned website
- Experienced with CSS pre-processor’s like Sass or LESS (Currently using Sass)
- Comfortable with refactoring code
- Able to develop / add new modules, themes, plugins, features and functionalities
- Experienced with responsive and adaptive design
- Has an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment.
- Competent in MySQL database programming (the WordPress default database)
- Experienced in version control using platforms such as GitHub or Bit Bucket
- Competent in the use of API integrations like Zapier, Twilio, and other platforms that are essential to business growth
- Comfortable working with debugging tools
- Able to interact with Restful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Has a keen eye for detail in the execution of design to code
- Has a solid understanding of SEO
- Has basic Illustrator/Photoshop skills
Closing date for applications: June 10, 2018
Apply for this job