Estate Maintenance Officer
£13.62 per hour
Full Time Temporary
We are currently recruiting for this excellent opportunity to work for our Housing Association Client in Luton.
This will suit a candidate experienced in social housing maintenance/responsive repairs and voids including contractor management and liaison.
Conducting health and safety inspections in accordance with the Client’s service standards and contractual obligations.
Carry out repairs and maintenance duties in accordance with the Client’s safe operating procedures and relevant health & safety policies.
Maximise site occupancy by ensuring the void repairs/maintenance schedule is completed within target including any fixtures and fittings associated work.
Provide high quality painting and decorating service including preparation of surfaces, filling cracks/holes, efficient use of materials, matching paint shades with existing and maintaining safe areas of work including signage.
Keep all windows, doors, kitchen units and furniture are in working order by repairing, replacing or easing and adjusting.
Maintain a central register of onsite assets including tables, chairs, washing machines/dryers, lamps, fridges/freezers, beds, mattresses, fans, tools and materials.
Maintain onsite facilities by repairing/replacing washers, taps, tiles, ball valves, WC seats, fuses, light bulbs, handles, locks and sealing around baths/sinks/showers.
Ensure all common parts are clear of potential hazards including those attributable to seasonal changes including external footpaths. Keep clear air-bricks, gullies and low level guttering from blockages.
Keep communal areas clear of any obstructions particularly fire evacuation routes and exits. Responding to emergencies in and out of hours including making safe glazing, leaks, lighting and tripping/slipping hazards.
Travel between sites as required to meet repairs and maintenance demand in the portfolio.
Provide a monthly repairs/maintenance report to the Accommodation Manager highlighting any major or cyclical works which may be required in the future.
· Knowledge of equality and diversity good practice
· Knowledge of student services including best practice, the regulatory framework and relevant legislation within which Registered Providers operate
· Knowledge of fire, health and safety regulations in a residential setting
· Knowledge of basic carpentry, plumbing, tiling and electrical industry standards
· Knowledge of the ANUK framework for landlords managing accommodation
· Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Building Maintenance Multi-trade Repair and Refurbishment Operations (Construction)
· Knowledge of IT systems used such as HOTEC, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Orchard, etc.
· Basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing, tiling, painting and decorating skills
· Effective communication skills
· Contract management
· Data inputting
· Time management
· Managing demanding workloads
· Able to work under own initiative
· Working with others to deliver joint objectives
· A ‘can do’ approach to problem solving
Disclaimer: Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.