School Site Supervisor
Up to £27,000 depending on experience
Permanent Full Time
9 hour working day covering the hours of 7am to 7pm
We are currently recruiting for a hardworking and enthusiastic School Site Supervisor to work for our Client in Balham.
If you do not already have one, a DBS check will be required.
The Site Supervisor will have responsibility for their assigned site, providing day to day facilities support, including routine general maintenance duties and event preparation.
· Day to day upkeep of each of the sites, working to a set lists of tasks, ensuring that these are completed and escalating where issues may arise
· Ad-hoc cleaning during the day when the contracted cleaners are not available on site
· General maintenance on each site, such as loose fixtures and fittings, blown light bulbs, undertaking work as appropriate and escalating more complex work requirements to the contractors within the General Estate Maintenance team
· Have responsibility for site security
• Ensure that the grounds remain secure throughout the school day and that pupil and staff safety is paramount
• Preparing the site for school events including plays, parent’s evenings and church events
• Unlocking the gates, front & side doors, changing rooms, computer room, dining hall etc. and turning lights on and replacing bulbs as necessary
• Clear grounds and flowerbeds of litter and leaves & checking the heating for classrooms
• Doing the general checks such as lights, toilets, sinks, doors, window locks, door handles and make sure everything is in working order and clean
• Doing the complete weekly check for any repairs and general maintenance
• Operating and checking boiler, aircon and ventilation systems – raising any issues with the office manager within the General Estates Team
• Moving and distribution of furniture, equipment, stores, outside play equipment and assisting other staff in moving heavy loads
• Hold a full driving license as an ability to travel between sites is essential
• Demonstrable experience of working within a maintenance or facilities team, such as cleaning, gardening or general maintenance
• Experience of working in a school environment preferred
• Knowledge of general site maintenance
Disclaimer: Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles, unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants within 14 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.