A great opportunity for a Conveyancer to join a team and work for this established Law firm. To assist the Partner in managing the departments caseload from initial instructions from client to post completion matters to include opening/closing files.
· Provide clear, comprehensive and accurate legal advice to clients.
· Run files in accordance with all internal, professional conduct and accounts rules and obligations.
· Carry out client sourcing activities in accordance with internal targets.
· Provide support and assistance to colleagues by assisting with overflow work within the department and maintain support during the holidays and sick leave.
· Run transactions smoothly to conclusion providing a high level of service.
· Provide clients with comprehensive and accurate legal advice.
· To attend upon clients on the telephone and in person.
· To confirm advice in correspondence.
· To liaise with solicitors, agents and any other third parties, keep abreast of legal developments in the fee earner’s sphere of practice and defer to expert third party advice where appropriate.
· Progress actively the client’s matter promptly to conclusion.
· Comply with all professional, regulatory and statutory training requirements.
· To keep up-to-date and comply with all procedural, regulatory, statutory and professional changes relevant to the job description and professional qualification.
· Draft all necessary documentation required to progress the client’s case and to proof read documents.
· Ensure that all information used in managing the files and storing deeds and wills and any other documents relating to the case are accurately recorded.
· Meet time recording, billing and other performance targets (if applicable).
· Ensure that all requisite deadlines relating to the case are accurately recorded in the central diary system.
· Take a proactive approach to building professional relationships with clients and other contacts.
· Treat clients and colleagues with respect and tact bearing in mind individual needs and ensuring confidentiality at all times.
· You will have 5 years post qualified experience.
· Present smart appearance and wear attire suitable for a professional business environment.
· Maintain and promote the good image of the firm.
· Type own letters and documents as required.
· To assist other fee earners/members of staff as directed by the Managing Partner.
· Diary Management: To ensure that all matters requiring chasing are recorded in the diary system maintained in the office and are followed up regularly.
Disclaimer: Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles, unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants within 14 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.