We are looking for an Accounts Semi-Senior to join a reputable organisation in Canterbury.
As Accounts Semi-Senior, you will be joining an established but growing team, with a supportive management structure that will ensure you have all the resources and information you need to develop your career
As Accounts Semi-Senior, you will undertake the preparation of statutory financial statements for Companies, Partnerships, and Sole Traders, assist in finalisation of accounts adjustments post review, update client systems to align with signed accounts and assist with cloud accounting. You may also be involved with the preparation of management accounts. You will ensure deadlines and proper accounting standards are met throughout.
Duties will include:
• Prepare financial statements in accordance with relevant financial reporting standards from source documents/records to final accounts for review by the appropriate manager.
• Prepare accounting schedules to support the balances and transactions included in the financial statements.
• Adhere to proper accounting standards.
• Work on a wide range of accounts.
• Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget.
• Corporation tax computations and returns for review
• Meet deadlines.
• Develop and maintain good client relations.
• Liaise with clients directly or through the relevant managers to resolve queries or obtain further information.
• Ensure a high level of service to meet client’s expectations.
• Ensure that all hours worked on assignments are correctly recorded.
• Make timely and relevant recommendations in relation to accounting matters, financial reporting, and accounting systems in use (including
• 33 days holiday including bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy up to 5 days (28 days if on a training contract, due to additional support
offers under these agreements)
• Competitive salary
• Reward and recognition bonuses available
Qualifications / Skills required:
• AAT qualified or similar
• Strong practical knowledge/experience of accounts preparation within a practice environment.
• Strong double-entry knowledge and skill.
• Cloud-based accounting systems knowledge including Sage, Xero, and Quickbooks
• Strong IT skills including Word, Outlook, and Excel, to an intermediate level, for the production of letters and spreadsheets.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Basic tax knowledge awareness of how to do tax computations, PAYE, VAT.
• Confident when dealing with clients and getting your views across.
Disclaimer: Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles, unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants within 14 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.