PR Account Manager
Location: Leatherhead - currently working from home
Permanent Full Time
Salary: £up to £36,000 p.a.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible company in Leatherhead as a PR Account Manager. Our client is looking for someone who comes from a PR/Marketing background, ideally within a PR Agency.
- Organise and oversee press releases, news stories, articles, case studies and product pieces
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with clients, journalists and industry contacts
- Work closely with the Account Director to ensure the delivery of PR and marketing campaigns and events across the team to the highest standard
- Oversee pitching of press releases to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online publications, to ensure the engagement in covering clients’ stories
- Research, defined projects, events; play an active role in development of initial proposal/timeline/budget and manage implementation through to final delivery for clients
- To ensure the best possible use of the Company’s working capital, i.e., time recording, work in progress, billing regime and invoices
- To meet targets for chargeable and non-chargeable hours, ensuring all time spent on files is recorded accurately on the time recording system
- Demonstrate an increased appreciation of the bigger client picture, including competitors and overall business objectives
- Take ownership of meeting preparations; ensure that all agendas, meeting notes etc. are produced. Attend client meetings to present campaign results and guide strategy design. Increasingly contribute to brainstorm or client meetings and work with the team to ensure workload tracking documents are maintained.
- Fully manage the process of press release distribution for accounts, including list-building using the agency’s database system
- Plan events with account teams within relevant time, production and financial constraints
- Attend events and industry conferences, often overseas
- Handle or oversee clients’ social media accounts such as Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn channels
- Manage and motivate team members to effectively execute client communication campaigns
- Coach and run training sessions for junior members of the team in the basic principles of PR and account management
Key skills/ Requirements:
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Highly skilled in spelling, grammar, and proof-reading
- Creative flair for producing engaging, accurate and technical copy
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, social media channels and other business-related software
- The ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively both internally and externally
- Approachable, driven, friendly and empathetic
- Confidence to pick up the phone and speak professionally
- Be comfortable working to tight media deadlines
- Experience of mentoring/managing a team member/team to a high standard
- Educated - PR, Marketing, Journalism etc.
- French, Spanish, Italian or German language ideal
Disclaimer: Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles, unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants within 14 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Closing date for applications: October 27, 2021
Apply for this job