Temporary Full Time
Salary: £272.00 daily rate
ASAP - 31st Oct
Mon - Fri 08:30 - 16:30
One of the largest housing associations in the UK is recruiting for a Procurement Manager to support and direct the business and Procurement Officers in delivering Sustainable Procurement and develop and implement a rolling programme of contract management, spend control and performance review across the organisation.
The key focuses of this procurement manager role are to support and direct the business and Procurement Officers in delivering Sustainable Procurement, develop and maintain a structured supplier portfolio, recruit, develop and coordinate the contribution of the Resident Procurement Panel and develop and implement a rolling programme of contract management, spend control and performance review across the organisation.
- Identify and deliver a programme of annual tendering activity through corporate eProcurement systems
- To support the team in developing and delivering organisational, procurement and purchasing training and provide active support and guidance
- Maintain a structured portfolio of approved suppliers
- To develop and implement a rolling programme of contract management review
- To collate, assess and analyse key data on non-contract or non-compliant spend and prepare insightful reports
- Responsible for the recruitment, training and effectiveness of the Resident Procurement Panel.
- Support and direct the work plan of Procurement Officers and provide procurement best practice and guidance
- Execute the contract award/instruction of all tenders and ensure the client is equipped with a clear contract initiation and communication plan
- Account for Sustainable Procurement outcomes recording social, environmental and economic value delivered through our supply chain
- Ensure the tendering process engages the Resident Procurement Panel and contributes to sustainability and social value objectives
To be considered for this Procurement Manager role you will require developed knowledge of procurement processes and procedures with full understanding of the Public Contracts Regulation 2015 and Social Value (Public Services) Act 2012 as well as the following skills and experience:
- Experience of contract management and delivery
- Understanding of mechanisms to lever proportionate social value through procurement
- Full appreciation of how the housing sector operates
- CIPS Certificate in Procurement and Supplies Operations working towards Advanced Certificate
- Proficient in eProcurement and purchase to pay systems
Disclaimer: Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles, unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants within 14 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Closing date for applications: November 18, 2021
Apply for this job