Temporary Full Time
Salary: £23.71 per hour
ASAP - 26th Sept
Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
A Housing Association based in Croydon is looking for a Works Administrator to join their team. This is a full time, temporary role and the successful candidate must have a full relevant Surveying/Construction qualification, extensive experience with Repairs & Maintenance programmes, experience managing multi-disciplined teams and ideally experience in a similar local authority/housing setting.
The successful candidate will have involvement with a breath of activities, have an analytical and enquiring mind set and can appreciate the need to read specifications, designs, drawings and the installation process as well as ask relevant questions so ensure quality standard.
The main purpose of the role is to provide assurance to a number of teams including Fire Safety, Repairs, Maintenance to ensure the highest quality standards of work across all active projects.
- Overseeing buildings works for allocated sites to ensure quality, safety and timely completion of project deliverables
- Making sure assurance requirements are met based on regulatory compliance and the employer's requirements
- Sign off the relevant works on a sectional basis at each elevation and lift of each block in the programme
- To regularly review contract documentation including designs, specifications, works information, technical submittals, change requests and early warnings, during construction and through to completion
- To ensure the new system meets the employer's requirements, are commissionable and maintainable
- Inspect construction works for compliance with statutory regulations including but not limited to Building Regulations, CDM Regulations, NHBC Requirements, Health and Safety at Work Act and Control of Asbestos Regulations
- Complete inspections to record any defects identified throughout construction and which become apparent after completion of works. Ensure these are communicated and escalated to the appropriate person as identified within the contract
- Issuing and following up on non-compliances through the site NCR process
- Experience as a quality control manager, clerk of works, site supervisor or in a building quality assurance role
- Awareness of fire safety construction quality standards, regulations and best practice
- Significant experience in high rise residential building projects is essential
- Good understanding of industry best practices, processes and standards
- A building related diploma or HND is essential
Disclaimer: Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles, unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants within 14 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Closing date for applications: September 30, 2021
Apply for this job