Corporate Tax Executive
Permanent Full Time
Salary: £35,000 - £38,000
We are seeking an experienced Tax Executive on behalf of our prestige client in Kent to effectively manage and carry out production of corporate tax returns and computations for a portfolio of audit and advisory clients. Assist in tax advisory projects across a range of audit clients and OMB’s.
- Assist in the control corporation tax compliance cycle for Kent’s corporate portfolio including the management of filings and payment deadlines.
- Although based in Kent the individual will be a national resource and may be called upon to assist in corporate compliance / advisory projects for other offices.
- Integrate with Kent’s audit process to ensure that corporation tax computations are prepared which are sufficient to prepare tax provisions and disclosures in audit clients’ statutory accounts.
- Where appropriate the preparation of tax provisions and disclosures for inclusion in statutory accounts.
- Prepare and generate final corporation tax returns and computations using tax software (Alphatax - training available). This will include the tagging of clients’ accounts under iXBRL.
- Liaise with clients concerning their tax affairs including the preparation of advice in writing.
- Deal with HMRC enquiries into client’s tax affairs.
- Liaise with HMRC on client’s behalf in respect of general matters.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that clients are billed for corporation tax compliance and advisory work on a timely basis.
- Coach junior staff where appropriate.
- Identify tax planning opportunities
Qualifications and Skills:
- Recently qualified ACA or CTA
- Varied, practical and technical tax knowledge with 2 to 3 years practical experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of a broad range of corporate tax issues
- Able to train junior members of staff
- IT packages (Excel, Alphatax, Word)
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Commercial awareness / client focus
- Problem solving and decision making
- Commitment to deadlines, and ability to work well under pressure
- Be positive and committed in dealings with both clients and staff
- Team player with a consultative approach.
- Genuine work life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- Supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Competitive salary
- Reward and recognition bonuses available, with no cap on how many you can be awarded in a year
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral
- Paid CSR time
- Car lease scheme
- And more!
Disclaimer: Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles, unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants within 14 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Closing date for applications: October 27, 2021
Apply for this job