Our Accounting Division is seeking an Audit Executive to work for a Top 15 Accountancy client. You will be working on their largest and listed clients, helping to achieve a high standard of client service in an effective manner. While they work with a range of clients within multiple industries, they have strong links to the mining and energy sectors
Increasingly they are getting involved with cross-office projects, working with colleagues across the country and more globally.
As an Audit Executive in an Not for Profit team, you will manage a portfolio of clients, meeting the needs of the clients while maximising the fee income of the portfolio, by delivering their services. You will also need to effectively manage resources and the workflow in conjunction with their management team.
- Create detailed audit planning memorandum, including details of any probable problems that may have been encountered during previous audits
- Ensure correct tests , create necessary audit evidence working with Partner/Director/Senior Manager/Manager
- Allocate sections to junior staff and brief on what is expected of them
- Answer queries from juniors throughout the audit
- Complete audits with assistance from more senior members of staff
- Oversee the progress of jobs, ensure that budgets are met
- Supervise the work of junior staff both on site and in office and complete any sections as necessary
- Ensure all hours worked on any client are recorded correctly
- Complete analysis of items for tax
- Supervision and staff development
- Provide technical advice and guidance to junior staff, provide training as required, to ensure skills are improved to enhance future effectiveness.
- Monitoring of staff, providing regular feedback and identifying training needs.
Agile working available, including core hours and a minimum of two days working from home. Award-winning training, genuine work life balance, clear succession paths for, supportive leadership teams and the sheer scope we can offer our teams in their respective roles.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
- Private healthcare
- Managers bonus scheme
- ACA or ACCA, qualified with practice experience
- Auditing experience
- Some accounts preparation skills
- Competent planning and completion skills
- Computer experience - Sage, Excel, Word and ideally CaseWare (accounts and audit) and tax software
- Experience of the Not for Profit Sector would be an advantage
- Previous experience of supervising junior members of staff
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Communication - oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organised - ability to deal with a variety of tasks
- Client focused
Disclaimer: Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles, unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants within 14 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.