Our Accounting Division is seeking an Audit Supervisor to work for a Top 15 Accountancy client. You will be working on their largest and listed clients, helping to achieve a high standard of client service in an effective manner. While they work with a range of clients within multiple industries, they have strong links to the mining and energy sectors
Increasingly they are getting involved with cross-office projects, working with colleagues across the country and more globally.
As Audit Supervisor you will manage a portfolio of clients, meeting the needs of the clients while maximising the fee income of the portfolio, by delivering their services. You will also need to effectively manage resources and the workflow in conjunction with their management team.
- Complete audits working with assistance senior members of staff and partners where required
- Create detailed audit planning, certify correct tests are applied to produce sufficient audit confirmation
- Assign sections to junior staff and brief on what is expected of them
- Monitor the progress of jobs, ensuring that deadlines and budgets are well managed
- Complete audit cycles
- Responsible for final analytical reviews
- Draft letters to audit clients
- Produce and review sets of financial statements
- Create a short summary on key client issues
- Provide technical advice and guidance to junior staff
- Monitor job performance of staff, including giving feedback and completing audit review form at the end of each job
As a Supervisor:
- Supervising staff and allocate tasks and timescales
- Ensure effective on the job training for all staff occurs
- Complete staff assessment forms
- Act as key point of contact with client for information or queries
- Resolve most technical queries from junior staff
- Draft common types of audit report and client letters
Agile working available, including core hours and a minimum of two days working from home. Award-winning training, genuine work life balance, clear succession paths for, supportive leadership teams and the sheer scope we can offer our teams in their respective roles.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
- Private healthcare
- Managers bonus scheme
- ACA or ACCA, fully qualified with practice experience
- 3+ years of audit experience
- Excellent audit analysis skills
- Competent planning and completion skills
- Computer literate - good Excel and Word experience.
- CaseWare (accounts and audit) experience would be useful
- Previous experience of supervising/mentoring junior members of staff
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Familiarity with IFRS would be an asset but not required
- Strong communication skills - both oral and written
Disclaimer: Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles, unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants within14days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.