QA, HS & Compliance Manager
Permanent Full Time
Salary: £35,000 -£40,000
The Quality Assurance, Health & Safety and Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring that all Quality and Health & Safety related business activities meet the required internal and external quality standards. Assisting in the development of, and maintaining current quality/ HS systems to the company’s standards and policies, this job role also reports upon its monitoring activity to key stakeholders, recommending and implementing improvements as appropriate. The job holder will be responsible for working proactively with staff and management to establish and maintain a system that promotes a culture of safe working practices and maintained quality and safety.
Monitoring of all QA/HS related business activities to the required deadlines as set by key stakeholders and producing subsequent meaningful reports to senior management and recommend strategic improvements.
- Assisting in development of the QA and HS system. Creating/developing procedures, works instructions for both existing and new products and processes.
- Goods-in Inspection -maintain and develop the system for daily inspection of raw materials, components, and assemblies being supplied from external sources.
- Work-in-Progress Inspection - conduct daily patrol inspection of parts, subassemblies and assemblies being manufactured on shop-floor and report / liaise with key stakeholders when resolving any issues.
- Final Product Testing - conduct daily tests of final products to ensure quality procedures are adhered to for relevant products. Report and liaise with key stakeholders to resolve issues.
- Maintain the calibration system for all measuring/testing equipment.
- Producing Training Materials and training of staff where new (or changes to existing) product/processes are introduced. Maintaining company-wide training records.
- Managing of non-conformances. Promoting the benefit of the NC process within the organisation, Collation of non-conformance data (both internal and external), and reporting on, identifying trends and actioning as required. Investigating process quality problems - instigating changes as necessary to ensure all required quality standards and H&S policies are met.
- Liaising with external services / certification bodies / suppliers / client sites as appropriate that will include visits to their premises as necessary.
- Undertaking internal company audits for both QA and H&S.
- Fully conversant with ISO9001.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working within a quality environment.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working within a H&S environment.
- Proven experience of delivering a high standard of quality control.
- Experience in the use of measuring equipment in particular Verniers.
- Ability to efficiently read and critique technical drawings.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication would be highly advantageous.
- Must be computer literate (Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Familiar with ERP systems.
Disclaimer: Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles, unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants within 14 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Closing date for applications: November 25, 2021
Apply for this job