Corporate and Commercial Solicitor
Location: Ashford and Canterbury
Permanent Full Time
Salary: £Competitive salary
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Supporting the Head of Department in a Legal 500 ranked department in dealing with transactional and advisory corporate and commercial work, running own files and helping to grow the business law practice of the firm.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES:
You will be part of our Legal 500 ranked corporate and commercial team which provides legal advice to business clients on a wide range of corporate commercial and financial transactions. The department operates mainly on a team basis and you will work either as a team member on larger transactions or as lead corporate commercial lawyer where appropriate. You will be focussed, approachable, responsive and client driven, and have the opportunity to develop your own specialisations within a broad range of corporate and commercial work. The range of work can be expected to include:-
- Company share sales and purchases (including property development related corporate transactions).
- Business and asset sales and purchases.
- Advising on the Companies Act 2006 and all areas of law generally applicable to private companies. · Corporate structuring including Shareholders’ Agreements, Articles of Association and joint venture documentation.
- Drafting and advising on a wide range of commercial agreements, including Agency Agreements, Distribution Agreements, Terms and Conditions of Trading.
- Advising on financing and loan documentation.
- Drafting and advising on partnership and LLP agreements and other related documents and matters.
- Assisting with marketing and business development.
- Generally supervising the work of the trainees and paralegals within the Department from time to time.
- Taking responsibility for contributing to the development of our internal knowledge base.
- Compliance and related activity.
- To agree clear objectives linked to the Firm’s business plan and participate in the performance management system, assessing performance and giving feedback as relevant.
- To achieve time recording and billing targets.
- To comply with all the Firm’s policies and procedures.
- To develop, foster and nurture strong client relationship
Disclaimer: Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles, unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants within 14 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Closing date for applications: January 31, 2022
Apply for this job