Patient Services Advisor -Part time
Permanent Part Time
Salary: £ 14,842
24 Hours per week, 4 x 6 hours shift including 1 Saturday per month
A great opportunity for a person from a similar environment. To be responsible for providing an effective and professional Reception service to all patients, visitors, consultants and GPs. Ensuring they are dealt with promptly, courteously and efficiently, paying particular attention to the principles of customer care in order to provide a service of the highest possible standard. This includes all appropriate and required administration to be undertaken in advance of any customer’s arrival.
The role of the Patient Services Advisor
All members of the team have regular weekly, if not daily contact with the following range of individuals and organisations:
- Patients, visitors and all users
- Insurance companies
- Consultants and their secretaries
- Line managers
- All other employees
To ensure all general Reception operational procedures (and relevant policies) are met and adhered to at all times.
- To ensure the smooth running of outpatient clinics, liaising with consultants and nursing staff, through the provision of efficient reception and administrative services
- To provide an efficient and knowledgeable appointment service to Consultants, GPs and patients offering suitable alternatives if required via all communication methods. These include enquiries in person, via telephone and electronically.
- To prepare daily department administration, including but not limited to, preparation of outpatient appointment patient records including registration forms and labels. Meet any other administrative requests from Outpatient Nurses and Consultants. To ensure correct charges are accurately posted to patients’ accounts and deal with any account queries as required liaising closely with the Finance Department. This will primarily relate to, but may not be limited to self-pay outpatient and pathology services.
- To ensure any payments are handled in accordance with hospital policy. This is likely to include self-pay admissions, self-pay outpatient procedures and pathology and consultant payments, but is not limited to these areas.
- To provide information regarding Hospital services to patients, visitors and consultants and to deal with any enquiries effectively, communicating with other departments as required.
- To ensure effective and professional communication with all other departments, consultants, secretaries and team members at all times, in all required formats.
- To be able to deal with and make appointments via GP referrals.
Personal Specification for the Patient Services Advisor
- O level/GCSE in English Language and Maths (preferred
- 5 O level/GCSE’s Knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- IT Literacy skills
- Administrative skills and competences
- Administration in a hospital or GP surgery
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Literate and numerate
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good interpersonal skills, for effective working relationships throughout the Hospital
Closing date for applications: February 10, 2022
Apply for this job