Banqueting Head Waiter/Waitress
Permanent Full Time
Working 40 hours, Monday to Sunday with two days off, days/hours will depend on rota and events happening.
Our client is seeking a Banqueting Head Waiter/Waitress to join their amazing organisation in Epsom. In this role you will be expected to deliver a high quality, consistent and professional banqueting experience that for the organisation members.
- Managing numerous events meeting client expectations and to the specific banqueting departments standards of service
- Responsible or managing banqueting for a large verity of events such as weddings, memorial services, seated and standing buffet breakfasts, lunches, dinners, cocktail parties, birthdays, anniversaries, conferences, meetings, award ceremonies, fine dining, large events up to 1000 guests, audio visual equipment set up, stock control, beverage dispense, cashiering, casual staff training, pre-service briefings, billing.
- Preparing banqueting rooms to set standards of the client
- Carrying out daily schedules and organising banqueting casuals as required
- Greeting organisers in polite professional manner
- Going above and beyond, and promote other areas and services within the company
- Deliver friendly, efficient customer service
- Show understanding of the menu and wines being served and you are up to date with your knowledge about Audio visual operation.
- Working collaboratively with other departments
- Ensure that all billing is correct and posted through the system accurately
- Managing staff and ensure correct signing in and out
- Handle payments from members/guests , ensuring that the correct itemised bill is presented and payment is received and processed
- Attend statutory training and comply with health safety and fire procedures at all times
- Basic food hygiene certificate
- Customer service experience in a quality similar service environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Highly presentable
- Good communication skills and able to converse with members in English
- NVQ or equivalent in Food Service preferred
- NVQ or equivalent in Customer Service preferred
- Knowledge of Electronic point of sales preferred
Disclaimer: Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles, unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants within 14 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Closing date for applications: February 10, 2022
Apply for this job