Extrusion Production Technician
Permanent Full Time
Salary: £25,200 - £34,000
The main purpose of the Extrusion Production Technician role is to manufacture extruded products and must ensure that production standards relating to safety, quality, outputs and cost are met.
- Ensure that production plans are met on time and in full at the required cost and quality levels.
- Ensure all agreed safe methods of working are followed at all times and report near misses or Big Six hazards in order to prevent potential accidents.
- Complete product / tool changeovers, including the die head, calibrators and all associated downstream equipment are completed in a safe manner within the expected changeover time.
- Ensure that product first off and routine quality checks are completed and that products meet the required dimensional and visual specifications.
- Start-up and shut-down of the various extrusion processes.
- Ensure that standard production outputs are met or exceeded.
- Ensure both extrusion tool / calibrator and equipment are maintained to the highest standards within the bounds of the Production Technician responsibilities.
- Participate in production handover at the beginning and end of each shift worked.
- Maintain high levels of housekeeping within the factory areas, including the cleaning of machines and removal of unwanted materials.
- Participate in improvement activities such as SMED, Kaizen Teams (continuous improvement) and 6S activities.
- Ensure all relevant data is captured and entered onto appropriate systems (e.g. scrap, production outputs, tooling problems, downtime, material reconciliation, quality, overweight etc)
- Work with training coordinator to ensure knowledge, training and development is passed onto relevant new starts or apprentices
- Ensure all waste products are separated into their designated containers
- Ensure activities are carried out whilst complying with all measures introduced by the company with respect to Health, Safety and the Environment. In particular, to comply with all procedures, safe working methods and practices and agreed rules and control measures to protect your own Health and Safety as well as others that may be affected by your actions, or omissions.
- 25 days holiday per annum plus all bank holidays
- Around 10 days off over Christmas
- Pension after 6 months’ probation
- Rewards and money off dentist and optician’s
- After 1 year service there is a share scheme you can join
- Free tea/coffee provided on shift
- Free parking
The working hours are based on a 3 shift, 6am - 2pm, 2pm - 10pm, 10pm - 6am.
You will need at least 2 years’ experience to be considered for this role.
Disclaimer: Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles, unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants within 14 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role
Closing date for applications: December 7, 2022
Apply for this job