Personal Tax Manager
Location: Victoria, SW1
Permanent Full Time
Personal Tax Manager
- Annual Christmas Bonus equivalent to 1 week’s salary.
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme all staff are auto enrolled. (Employer: 5%; Employee: 3%) subject to eligibility.
- Private Medical Insurance following completion of 3 months service (this is a taxable benefit).
- Death in Service scheme cover (4x salary).
- Group Income Protection Scheme (non-contributory) following completion of 3 months service.
- Annual Leave will be 25 days per annum (pro rata). 3 days are normally taken at Christmas/New Year.
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Personal Tax Manager to join an excellent team environment. You will be responsible for a range of tasks including preparing returns, working closely with the Tax Principal and Senior Manager to achieve results.
Key Responsibilities as Personal Tax Manager:
- Preparing personal, partnership and trust tax returns for some of the Firm’s more complex clients.
- Reviewing personal tax returns, advice or other technical work prepared by junior members of the team.
- Liaising with and meeting with clients to understand and satisfy their requirements.
- Identifying tax planning opportunities, advising clients and helping to implement chosen options.
- Assisting and dealing with HMRC enquiries and compliance checks.
- Working together with multiple teams and Principals, as necessary, across the firm on ad-hoc advisory work in order to deliver solutions.
- Practice background
- CTA qualified (recommended) but would consider candidates who are qualified by experience.
- 2+ years PQE.
- Experience gained in a personal tax practice.
- Be an excellent team player with good interpersonal skills and an ability to manage junior team members.
- Ability to work on a portfolio of clients, taking responsibility for compliance work and identifying tax planning opportunities.
- Good IT skills and ideally familiarity with Digita tax software.
- Up-to-date technical tax knowledge evidenced by recent training and experience.
- Ability to communicate well with clients and colleagues.
Disclaimer: Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles, unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants within 14 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Closing date for applications: December 27, 2023
Apply for this job