Insurance Customer Service Agent
Location: Whitstable, Kent
Permanent Full Time
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000 DOE
Insurance Customer Service Agent
£26,000 - £28,000K DOE
Full time permanent
Beefits: Full training, 20 days holiday as well as the Bank Holidays, free parking, Staff insurance discounts, Performance related bonus scheme, CII Qualification will be offered after probationary period.
39 hours per week on a rota basis to cover our present opening hours of between 9am and 7pm Monday to Friday & 9am and 2pm Saturdays. We do not currently open on Bank Holidays.
We are seeking an Insurance Customer Service agent on behalf of our client based in Whitstable. You will need to have at least 2 years experience in brokering and working personal lines insurance.
Duties and Responsibilities (after initial training period):
- To call new database lists, existing customers, previously quoted customers and previously unsuccessful renewals to obtain leads for quotations.
- Provide new business quotations for all classes of Personal Lines (and certain classes of Commercial Lines) insurance on request, providing relevant advice, information and guidance.
- Take instructions from new clients, ensuring cover commences at the correct time, all relevant paperwork is completed, premium is collected and relevant records and diary entries are created.
- Take instructions from existing customers in respect of alterations to existing policies, ensuring insurers are notified and records updated.
- Offer renewal of existing clients’ policies with existing insurer or move to new insurer, as appropriate. In each case, ensure relevant paperwork is completed, premium is collected and relevant records and diary entries are created.
- Check thoroughly all client documentation before despatch, ensuring queries are raised and amendments completed.
- Control your own diary system, ensuring all items are followed up by the due dates, particularly in relation to outstanding documentation from clients or insurers, premium payments and continuation cover notes.
- Assist customers with enquiries relating to claims, either by direct involvement with the insurer concerned, if appropriate, or providing contact names and telephone numbers for customer own direct contact.
- Provide back up to the relevant colleagues in performing the daily and operational routines of the Company.
- Any general duties that may be required by your Manager in accordance with the nature of this job
There will be times when you may be required to undertake additional tasks, duties and responsibilities within your capabilities. The Company reserves the right to vary your tasks, duties and responsibilities at any time and from time to time according to the needs of the Company’s business. You will not be assigned to duties or required to perform services which you cannot reasonably perform or which are outside the range of your normal skills and experience.
The nearest train station is Whitstable then it is around a 30 minute walk from there.
Disclaimer: Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles, unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants within 14 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Closing date for applications: December 28, 2023
Apply for this job