Project Team Secretary - Putney
£25-£28,000 plus 5% bonus
Our Client is looking for their next Project Team Secretary to join and support a team in a very challenging and busy role. You will be taking minutes/ dictation, organising purchase orders, invoices to a great level of accuracy.
The role will include working and assisting the Project Management team within the business, however the candidate will be required to carry out other works within the business and report to the Head of Project Management. The ideal candidate will have a background in the construction industry.
· Accurate typing of dictation, minutes, letters, and reports. Close attention to detail, extensive Quality controlling of team output - maintenance of quality standards for deliverables of the Project Management team.
· Must be numerate and computer literate, able to manage high volume of emails in outlook and a capacity to adapt core skills to meet challenging environments.
· Display good team player qualities, with strong communication skills and able to multi-task to a high level under pressure to manage workload.
· Administration and communication between internal staff on all project related matters, i.e. between Pre-contract teams, Services, Design and Project Management.
· Excellent time management and organisation skills to support the Project timelines
· Liaising with external sub-contractors and suppliers as necessary and any client queries in a professional and polite manner.
· Raising purchase orders and invoices using the Group’s accounting package from information provided by Project Managers.
· Ensuring that project files are set up, and maintained throughout the progress of the projects.
· Providing full secretarial support to the Project Management team including production of Operation & Maintenance manuals, raising invoices, purchase orders, general filing, typing minutes and issuing them out, preparing site files using PRL standard templates on the system etc.
· Coordination of multiple projects to a very high standard in order to deliver to changing and tight timelines.
· Assisting the Project Managers into providing all relevant Operation & Maintenance information to the Design department for compilation.
· Ensuring all the correct documentation is stored on the IT system in accordance with the businesses procedures.
· Development of software based solutions to reduce site and office paperwork, and improve the working efficiencies.
· Management of workloads and delivery of expectations within the Project Management department by forward planning workloads with Project Managers, updating check lists, flagging any relevant items that may affect the project.
· Diary and time management for the Project Managers, including arranging appointments and keeping the outlook calendars up to date
· Setting up and maintaining output targets for the Project Management support team (i.e. turn around typing of minutes within 24 hours, getting interim invoices raised and issued out on time)
- Strong personality
- Microsoft Office skills
- The ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Computer literate to a high level
- Excellent organisational skills
- Adaptability - able to manage conflicting priorities
- Keen attention to detail
- Good communicator both written and verbal
- Construction industry background knowledge/ experience