Conveyancer – Residential Property
£40,000 - £60,000
A great opportunity for a Conveyancer who is currently Head of Department to lead a team and work for this established Law firm. To assist the Partner in managing the department's caseload from initial instructions from the client to post-completion matters to include opening/closing files.
· Provide clear, comprehensive and accurate legal advice to clients.
· Run files in accordance with all internal, professional conduct and accounts rules and obligations.
· Carry out client sourcing activities in accordance with internal targets.
· Provide support and assistance to colleagues by assisting with overflow work within the department and maintain support during the holidays and sick leave.
· Run transactions smoothly to conclusion providing a high level of service.
· Provide clients with comprehensive and accurate legal advice.
· To attend upon clients on the telephone and in person.
· To confirm advice in correspondence.
· To liaise with solicitors, agents and any other third parties, keep abreast of legal developments in the fee earner’s sphere of practice and defer to expert third party advice where appropriate.
· Progress actively the client’s matter promptly to the conclusion.
· Comply with all professional, regulatory and statutory training requirements.
· To keep up-to-date and comply with all procedural, regulatory, statutory and professional changes relevant to the job description and professional qualification.
· Draft all necessary documentation required to progress the client’s case and to proof read documents.
· Ensure that all information used in managing the files and storing deeds and wills and any other documents relating to the case are accurately recorded.
· Meet time recording, billing and other performance targets (if applicable).
· Ensure that all requisite deadlines relating to the case are accurately recorded in the central diary system.
· Take a proactive approach to build professional relationships with clients and other contacts.
· Treat clients and colleagues with respect and tact bearing in mind individual needs and ensuring confidentiality at all times.
· Present smart appearance and wear attire suitable for a professional business environment.
· Maintain and promote a good image of the firm.
· Type owns letters and documents as required.
· To assist other fee earners/members of staff as directed by the Managing Partner.
· Diary Management: To ensure that all matters requiring chasing are recorded in the diary system maintained in the office and are followed up regularly.