£28 - £34,000
35 hours per week
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Applications Technician will take the initiative with teams across the charity to ensure that the full benefits of our digital applications are realised.
This is a wide-ranging role and presents a great opportunity to join a small but highly skilled team, focussed on delivering processes and systems to ensure the company can deliver outstanding care.
You will be able to communicate technical information to a wide variety of audiences who have a varying degree of IT skills.
You will also be able to demonstrate a logical approach to enhancing the end-user experience to our varied applications; patiently and professionally supporting staff, volunteers and residents who may need to learn new skills and procedures.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of some of the following types of applications:
· Care environment application
· Raisers Edge (or other CRM related database)
· GP Dynamics
· Microsoft Office Applications (including Project and Visio)
· Crystal Reports
This role requires regular travel to all RSGH sites and interaction with staff, residents and relatives, requiring:
a. A full clean driving license
b. Excellent customer service skills
c. Flexibility and strong work ethic with a patient “can-do” approach are important as well as not being afraid to challenge current practices and research improved methodology
· Involvement in all stages of identifying, developing and delivering applications to the whole organisation, offering a programme of ongoing support throughout the life cycle of the applications.
· Additionally providing organisational and administrative support to the wider operations team.
· Early involvement in specification of Applications, with a focus on end-user requirements.
· Management of existing software applications, upgrades and updates including scheduling technical resources, end-user / stakeholder communications and training materials.
· Management of stakeholder engagement process in relationship to an application launch.
· Creation of end-user Instructions / training documentation (technical authoring)
· Train the Trainer / End Users / Ongoing end-user application support.
· Work with IT Management and stakeholders to develop application road-maps, and delivery programmes.
· Organisational impact assessments of all new applications or proposed upgrades / updates to existing application portfolio.
Data management and utilisation:
Responsible for the creation, quality and content of key business system reports and statistics.
Develop a common platform for all organisational and end-user reporting from the current portfolio of applications.
Plan to ensure future applications are capable of utilising the common data platform.
Provide technical and administrative support to the wider operations team as required.
Ensuring communication with others is clear and effective, both verbally and in writing, and that the style and the language used is appropriate for the situation or audience.
Project Management skills
Understanding and utilisation of simple project management techniques and the ability to identify and engage with stakeholders at all levels with varying skill levels.
Personal qualities - professionalism, resilience and self-awareness
Acting in a professional manner and showing determination, drive and commitment at all times and particularly when faced with challenges and setbacks. It is about being aware of one’s strengths and limitations and actively seeking and making use of opportunities for development.