An excellent opportunity has become available for someone looking to start their career within a Purchasing/Stock Control environment
To develop and oversee all works in connection with the timely running of the Company’s installation projects. This includes purchase ordering and receiving goods. Allocating goods from stock to projects, Processing returned goods.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
· Purchase goods for projects maintaining good supplier relationships
· Liaising with Suppliers and regularly updating product price lists on Company data base
· Create purchase orders and accurately manage and record goods inward using Sage 50 Accounts App.
· Ensure and maintain checks to verify stock levels for re-ordering are accurate and appropriate.
· Maintain accurately goods in/delivery calendar. Ensure that goods are checked off in an accurate and timely manner and checked for damage and quantity. Update computer system to enable accurate stock levels.
· Process and issue received goods to jobs and label for the engineers to pick up.
· Organise and monitor project related equipment on-hire and off-hire.
· Liaise with an agreed customer contact for goods delivered directly to customer site. To include packaging condition of received goods, where goods are to be stored and receipt of complete bill of materials.
· Liaise with scheduling administrator to guarantee all parts are available for the engineer prior to work commencement date.
· Manage the recycling on site ensuring that materials are correctly disposed of in the appropriate containers to maximise all recycling possibilities.
· Organise and carry out regular stock checks including the annual Year End Stock Take.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Computer literate with a comprehensive knowledge of stock systems.
A good listener and team player.
Organised, methodical and able to work on own initiative.
Knowledge of Sage 50 Project and Microsoft products are preferable but not essential.
To be able to provide an effective and courteous service.
A flexible approach to working arrangements ensuring that all work is completed within the allotted time frame.
A team player.
Experience of working in a similar role, involving work in purchasing, supplier relationships and stock control, or equivalent experience.