Trainee Health & Safety Officer
An exciting new position has become available for a Trainee Health & Safety/ Environmental Officer for a local company based in Sittingbourne.
To work with QUESH Manager to ensure smooth operation of the companies health & safety system and environmental systems
To undertake audit tests of the companies health & safety and environmental equipment and the routine inspection of compulsory PPE used within the business
To assist the QUESH Manager, local managers and supervising in:
· Identifying and assessing potential health & safety environmental risks and hazards within the business
· Training of operators
· Reporting and investigating workplace accidents, incidents and or near misses
· Ensuring statutory records are maintained for health & Safety and environmental aspects
· Developing safe systems of work to support risk assessment
· Maintaining the companies OHSAS 18001 and BS EN 14001 management systems
· To undertake weekly and monthly testing of the company’s water systems for the presence of bacterial growth etc.
· Updating the companies waste packaging data
· Undertaking monthly safety audits of the workplace
If you have an interest in Health & Safety and looking for a career then this is an opportunity not to be missed. After the initial training an apprenticeship will be offered