Night Shift Warehouse Supervisor - Maidstone - Permanent -
A new opportunity has become available for a Night shift Warehouse Supervisor for a logistics company based in Maidstone
The purpose of the role is to offer full support to Warehouse Management Team to achieve the companies financial, operational and customer service objectives of the site. You will provide an intermediary between customer service, transport and warehouse personnel with the aim of improving quality, cost and customer service performance.
· Supervise the warehouse operation in accordance with company and area-specific policies and procedures
· Enforce company policies, procedures, BRC & Organic procedures and Health and Safety procedures
· Identify training needs to ensure all operatives are trained in accordance with company operating procedures
· Controlling the activities and resources to achieve best financial, operational and customer service results
· Conduct accident reporting and investigation procedures in accordance with company policy
· To promote harmonious and effective working relationships through a combination of communication, teamwork, motivation, leadership and team briefings
· Communicate information to incoming Supervisors to have an effective shift handover.
· Make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce orders within specifications.
· Manage performance targets in line with company KPIs
· Ensure equipment is operational with relevant checks made and records maintained
· Actively participate and contribute to the HACCP and Audit teams when required to
· Lead by example on Health & Safety and Environmental matters
· Ensure all managers, supervisors and charge hands within their areas comply with the companies’ policies and procedures
· Liaise with the Group Health and Safety Manager for advice on Health and Safety
· Encourage and promote good safety and environmental behaviour within all employees and actively encourage Near Miss reporting
· To take responsibility for the effective supervision, training and development of your team
· To review the effectiveness of your team and to bring to the attention of your line manager any improvements that you identify
Previous experience within a supervisory role
Effective communicator with leadership skills
For more information on this position contact Carlton Recruitment