Make sure you hit “APPLY” if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Carlton Recruitment is holding a Candidate registration day in Wimbledon on Wednesday 16th October 2019.
We will be recruiting for this role and a variety of exciting temporary and permanent positions.
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in with your CV and passport and introduce yourself. We’ll talk you through our latest vacancies and get to know what you’re after in your career!
Wednesday 16th October 2019 between 9:00am – 5:00pm The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB.
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
Please phone our Wimbledon office if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
Full Time Permanent
Our prestigious client has this great opportunity for a Media Officer, you will have experience of working in busy Press Office and hold a relevant qualification in Journalism or equivalent.
To promote a positive image of the work of the organisation to a range of internal and external
audiences. Deliver against the requirements of the approved Media strategy. Handle media
enquiries transparently and fairly, identifying good news, managing reputational risk, monitoring
media coverage and enhancing relationships with media outlets.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Assist the Media Manager in developing and implementing media strategies to support specific organisational requirements
• Act as first point of contact for media enquiries, making decisions about the appropriate response to be given in order to support the organisations needs and to protect and enhance its reputation, escalating where appropriate to the Media Manager
• Research and draft responses to media enquiries ensuring media receive accurate information in a timely way, making assessments of the appropriate response to be given in order to support the organisations needs and to protect and enhance its reputation
• Develop and maintain professional working relationships with high-level journalist contacts throughout the national and specialist media, for example crime reporters, home affairs correspondents etc.
• Draft and write press releases and manage media materials to be used across a variety of platforms, e.g. print, broadcast, digital and social media
• Under the direction of the Media Manager, arrange and press briefings and events, such as conferences, presenting to journalists where appropriate
• Organise interview requests for journalists with relevant staff, ensuring they are briefed appropriately
• Research information in a variety of ways – e.g. through the monitoring and research of databases, attendance at meetings, etc. to identify proactive media opportunities
• Log all media activity within system databases, with the Communications assistant
• Research, write and edit compelling content for a range of disciplines, e.g. for news stories, for the website, magazine.
• Maintain a network of media and member press office contacts on the relevant content management system
• Update digital channels e.g. website, extranet, social media, with relevant news stories
• Attend briefings, meetings and events on behalf of the Communications Department, identifying opportunities for good news stories and improved communications, internally and externally.
• A relevant qualification in journalism, such as the National Council for the Training of Journalists, or equivalent
• At least 2 years’ experience in a busy press office, specifically in media relations, handling media enquiries
• Demonstrable negotiating and influencing skills
• Experience of delivering communications across multiple channels
• Experience of successfully working well under pressure and to tight deadlines with tact and diplomacy
• The ability to realise how one course of action or media enquiry or response can have
implications for other story lines/issues being dealt with by department.