Public Affairs Manager
Location: City of London
Temporary Full Time
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Make sure you hit “APPLY” if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Carlton Recruitment is holding an Explosive Open Day in Wimbledon on Tuesday 5th November 2019.
We will be recruiting for this role and a variety of exciting temporary and permanent positions.
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in with your CV and passport and introduce yourself. We’ll talk you through our latest vacancies and get to know what you’re after in your career!
Tuesday 5th November 2019 between 9:00am – 5:00pm The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB.
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
- Your passport, if you do not have a passport please bring your full birth certificate
- National Insurance card/Letter
- Drivers and forklift operators must have their valid license so we can make copies.
Please phone our Wimbledon office if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
Public Affairs Manager
City of London
£40,000 - £45,000 pro-rata
Fixed-Term Contract until end of March 2020
Our prestigious client is looking for an experienced Public Affairs Manager to carry out a contract until the end of March 2020.
You will be responsible for the development and delivery of the organisation’s engagement strategy and political agenda for decision-makers in Government, Parliament and opinion leaders.
Due to the nature of this clients business, this role is subject to a Criminal Records Check.
- Lead the Public Affairs team
- Internal and external liaison being an ambassador with stakeholders and parliament
- Work closely with Media, Marketing and Research colleagues
- Act as a media spokesperson for the organisation when required
- Report progress activity to senior leadership and the board
- Actively identify reactive opportunities
- Oversee the execution of all activities at the annual Political Party Conferences
- Provide advice for staff and volunteers across the organisation
- Speak publicly on the companies behalf
- Deputise for the Head of Public Affairs and Campaigns as required
- Degree or equivalent academic qualification in social policy/politics/communications
- Communications or PR qualification (or equivalent) desirable
- Significant leadership and management experience with a track record of delivering successful influencing campaigns in Parliament
- Excellent knowledge of the political system, parliamentary structures and the ways of influencing MP’s and Peers
- Experience of managing a team
- Significant experience in devising and managing well-focused activities and events to achieve agreed public affairs and campaigns objectives
- Experience of public speaking and as a Media spokesperson
- Understanding of the working of the parliamentary system and routes to accessing and influencing MP’s and Peers
- Project Management and analytical skills
- Excellent IT skills
Closing date for applications: November 5, 2019
Apply for this job