Junior Buyer - German
Permanent Full Time
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000
Junior Buyer - German
Up to £24,000
Do you speak fluent German?
Looking to take your next step in your career towards becoming a premiums buyer? Our client, based in Mitcham, Surrey, is offering an exciting opportunity for a Junior Buyer.
You will be involved in all aspects of the purchasing process from trend analysis and product development through to managing projects from order placement through to shipment. Ability to demonstrate your creative ability, you must be commercial in your approach and equally confident with spreadsheets.
Experienced in buying and project managing would be preferred, however full training will be provided to enable you to contribute to all aspects of the product development and sampling process, ensuring that you offer our clients products which sit perfectly with their brand identity.
- Sourcing directly or indirectly the most appropriate suppliers for each brief in order to deliver the optimum combination of capability, price, lead-time and quality
- Manage the sampling process to ensure accurate samples matching designs are delivered quickly and efficiently
- Proactively manage costs, in line with required profit margins and budgets
- Utilise skills to negotiate best prices / payment terms / deals from suppliers
- Produce and provide accurate ‘delivered’ prices to sales team
- Manage the product development process to ensure amends are made quickly and accurately to enable sign-off of approved samples
- Ensure that a full written documentation trail is available, in accordance with specified company procedures
- Propose products in response to briefs from the sales team and our clients
- Raise formal purchase orders through our order processing system
- Risk Assess, and then program orders for delivery
- Ensure all Company records are accurately maintained
- Gain a thorough understanding of customers, their brands, and their requirements
- Previous experience in a buying environment, preferably within the premiums industry
- Tenacious with a strong determination to succeed
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong IT skills with experience in using Microsoft Office, Windows and Apple Mac operating systems
- Creative and innovative
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to build strong vendor relationships
- Knowledge of shipping and duty.
- Ability to speak additional European languages an advantage
Closing date for applications: February 9, 2020
Apply for this job